1 600w on light mover, or 2 600w stationary in 4x8 tent?

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

Hey all, looking for some opinions if I could please. The name of the game is the highest yielding, best quality buds, for less money and risk(isn't it for everyone?!).

Anyways, I'm thinking of buying one of the 4'x8' tents designed for 2 600w. I was wondering if I just put 1 600w on a light rail, if I could achieve the same yield and quality as 2 600w stationary?

Here's a link to the rail I was thinking of :
ht tp://www.lightrail3.com/garden/LR35.php

And this shows how 1 light on a mover is actually better than 2 stationary(but is supplied by the same company that sells the mover)
ht tp://www.lightrail3.com/garden/why.php

Thanks

J

jimbobthe3rd

I duno, i never really liked light movers. It could work well in this situation, but what if it stopped working for a day or two and you didn't notice? One side of your tent would start to blow up and the other would be smaller, disappointing you.

I figure two 600w lights stationary can yield you 3lbs. One 600w moving? I duno man i think maybe 1-2lbs from that.

I'd go the two stationary, but thats just me.

I think light movers are fine for veg! You could veg your plants on a mover, then use the two 600s for flowering, i feel the buds really need that concentrated dense light penetration to form hard and big.

Hope my input helped.

B

Bobby Smith

C. Two stationary 1Ks.

Final answer - 2 600s can't cover a 4x8, IMO, whereas that's a perfect size for 2K.

One 600 on a light mover would give you weed so fluffy it'd hardly be worth growing, honestly.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I would agree with bobby. The 1k's are better for that footprint. Just cool them with vented hoods and run an AC and you are good. I used to use 600's on m overs back in the day. It works fine, but light intensity = yield. Need I say more.

J

jimbobthe3rd

I would have suggested two 1k's also if it was in his original post criteria lol. You can do two 600s over a 4x8, i seen a comparison yield in tents, two 4x8 tables, one with two 1k's, one with two 600s. The two 1k's yielded a little over 4lbs, and the two 600s, 2 lb 13oz or something like that. It was a real interesting read, and it did divulge how more efficient the 1k's were! But he did need to run them in cooled hoods with air not entering the tents, where as the 600s didn't really need cooling.

Goodluck with your grow mate :).

420king-MASSES

i use 2 600s stationary and am in process of getting a 3rd 600 i swear by them ive used all hid set-ups 150s[which is in veg room] ive used 1000s hps and had hard time pulling 1 gpw ive used 400s and acheived 1-1.2 gpw and now i use 600s and am able to achieve 1.46 gpw dry for each 600 so imvho 600s all day long over any other hid set-up

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I'm rocking 2 600s in a 4x8 hydro hut it's been very impressive so far... 1ks are the best for the space but extra 800w makes me not so into them. I personally wouldn't use a light mover in there your gonna be disapointed for sure unless u maybe wanted to use a 1k on it...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Light movers will cover twice the area with half the light...........they will also cut your yield in half. You will prob yield the same in a 4x4 with 1 600 and a 4x8 with a 600 on a mover.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You def want to go with 2 lights in that space. you want watts per square foot. By using a light mover does add more watts to the space it just moves the watts around.

The only time I have used a light mover is when I was using around 80 watts per square foot and did not want to get light burn from the ligths. This way I had the mover move the lights only about 2 feet just so it would not cause any burn. That worked well for the small space they were in.

Never I would buy a light mover over buying another light. Spend your money in the right places when starting. With that money spent on the LM you can buy a 1k ballast and bulb and hood. Also your yeild will be higher and you will like that.

Top Bottom