1 600W or 2 400w?

• Thread starter comeupg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

comeupg

Hi all,

We are dealing with a new flowering space that is going to be 5ftw x2ftd x 5fth. Should I use 1 or 2 400w lights? or 1 600w? Thanks

M

mrbong73

I use 2 400w in a similar size space and it rocks.
Good lamps is a plus as well.

C

comeupg

im leaning towards the two 400ws as well. How much are you yielding off this space approx? How many plants are you squeezing in? Thanks

M

mrbong73

I have the Producer grow box so I don't have the height you have.
I took out the hydro tray and am using 3 gal smart pots. I can fit 10 of them in there. Right now I only have 5 but I think 6 or 8 would be perfect depending on how big they get in veg.
I run an og strain so you could yield more with a heavier strain.
I'm about to harvest a decent run so I'll let you know.
Cheers.

S

SSHZ

It's doubtful you'll get a lb. out of it, unless you grow something that yields very well. Figure 11-12 oz. depending on veg time, how many plants and how well you accomplish it.

M

mrbong73

It's doubtful you'll get a lb. out of it, unless you grow something that yields very well. Figure 11-12 oz. depending on veg time, how many plants and how well you accomplish it.

I think it's possible. I'm hoping for close to a lb this harvest and I could fit two or three more of these bushes in my space.

But, you're right 11-12 should be reachable.

C

comeupg

@MrBong.

How many plants do you have going? You said your space is "similar" to mine? Larger or smaller? are those 3 gallon bags you are growing in?

I'm going to home depot now to pick out and price out some more supplies :)

Im really considering just going aero on this grow. From what I have read it is actually easier and a lot cleaner. I might not though just because of all the crap I would have to buy.

Also does anyone have a simple solution for a grow cabinet? As I stated above the space is approx 5ftw x 5fth x 2ft deep.

Ply wood seems like the most obvious solution but honestly it is a headache and is starting to get expensive. A box this small out of ply and 2x4's would cost me upwards of $150 which is a little dumb considering my space.

Or just a simply way to make the closet more light leak proof would be nice:harvest: thanks ladies n gents.

B

Budsbuddy

you can make a grow box with just 2x2 framing and panda plastic.

the black and white stuff

I like to use 1/4" flooring for the walls (luanne?) if you can swing it because it will make it much stronger and you can staple to it and cut wholes and hang stuff on it.

it is about $10 a 4x8 sheet so it is not terrible expensive.

as for the light question my room is 3'x5'x5' so it is close to yours

i run a 1000 hps on a light mover

I run a 2x4 tray with ebb and flow and pull around 13 to 16 oz a harvest.

Veg room

Big foot tray

C

comeupg

To the gentleman that posted above me (cant see your name on my reply) idk if a 1000w will fit in my space?

And could you provide me with a link of the stuff your speaking of, both materials? I have never heard of this stuff.

Thanks everyone luv ya!

B

Budsbuddy

budsbuddy ;)

sure the light will fit, but you will need exhaust and supply air also

The hood will determine how much room you need.

I have two rooms, one hood sits lengthways and the other sits crossways how erver you fit them in

google the panda plastic

the 2x2's are called firing strips some times, i am not sure on the names of stuff i just walk around the lumber stores and look for what will fit

the 1/4" might be called underlayment not sure on the terms but it is to put down on the floor before you lay tile

good luck to you

lowes is your friend

B

Burger

mrbong73, how do you get such perfect flowers without the huge fan leaves? My plants have always had huge fan leaves that block the light to the lower flowers.

CabinetGrown

CabinetGrown

Hi all,

We are dealing with a new flowering space that is going to be 5ftw x2ftd x 5fth. Should I use 1 or 2 400w lights? or 1 600w? Thanks
Hi comeupg...This is my first post on THCfarmer, but I've been growing in tight spaces for a long time. I always get better results with my 600w vs 400w on a gpw basis and overall quality of my buds (resin and trichome production, density, etc.)

If your choice is one or the other, I'd go the 600w route. However, two 400w will likely outperform a single 600w. Can you do two 600w? That's what I would do...

E

eircsmith

Hi all,

I prefer to use 600W, its better light penetration and may be you have less heat too. But the power bill may be less with 600W. I use a 600W for my 5x5 area and it’s really works well with large air cooled reflector. But the lower branches suffered big time if you use one 400W.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

You are far better off with a 600 as it will let you maximize your height of 5 f and as far as bulbs go the 600 is tops for your application. I could grow more with a 600 than 2 400 all day long.

J

justhydronow

For your space, 400WX2 is the best option…it will give send even lights to all your plants.

Top Bottom