1 condenser running 2 evaporators ??

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has done this. I have a 5 ton rheem split unit and I want to add another 5 ton air handler using a common outdoor unit. I am unable to get another outdoor unit on the roof and there is no more room in the 4" vent tube i used to run the refer lines. SO, I want to do a flip flop flower room. Using solenoid valves to switch between the 2 indoor units.

I found this diagram showing how to set up the valves. Wiring the coils and 2 thermostat's to a timer would be pretty simple.

Any of you hvac guys got some thoughts on this idea???

BTW I know I could use motorized dampers to do this task, but I don't really want to..

Hvacdia

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has done this. I have a 5 ton rheem split unit and I want to add another 5 ton air handler using a common outdoor unit. I am unable to get another outdoor unit on the roof and there is no more room in the 4" vent tube i used to run the refer lines. SO, I want to do a flip flop flower room. Using solenoid valves to switch between the 2 indoor units.

I found this diagram showing how to set up the valves. Wiring the coils and 2 thermostat's to a timer would be pretty simple.

Any of you hvac guys got some thoughts on this idea???

BTW I know I could use motorized dampers to do this task, but I don't really want to..

View attachment 240636

Should work if done properly but if both solenoids open at same time neither indoor coil will get proper a/c.

treereek

treereek

Hey CJ, can the same thing be accomplished w/a mini split (Mitsubishi MUZ-D36NA) if I'd just buy another identical wall unit to run in a flip flop?

G

gettogro

http://www.emersonclimate.com/Documents/FlowControls/pdf/Solenoids/catalog/200RD.pdf

Im about to make this happen in a week or so, Make sure to get the high pressure rated solenoid valves. R 410 requires a different valve. I bought the wrong ones at first, luckily I did some more research before doing the job. Would be a nightmare to put the wrong valves in and wonder why it didnt work.
Ill post back results with pics in a couple weeks, Along with a diagram how to wire dual thermostats with relays.

:)

B

bobbybrown

How will you cool your rooms in the lights off cycle?

B

bobbybrown

now that is what I call a creative way to save 35 amps or another 8 lights. That solution will make you another $100k per year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom