1 gal verse 3 gal starting in Coco

• Thread starter Roxyheart420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

I have new clones that just rooted. What is the best practice to start with, 1 gal or 3 gal? They will end up in 7 or 10 gal in flower. I’m on a drip system so watering every day. In soil you go from 1 to 3 to 7. So would like to know if it’s the same in Coco or can I start in 3 gal and save myself 3 transplants?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have new clones that just rooted. What is the best practice to start with, 1 gal or 3 gal? They will end up in 7 or 10 gal in flower. I’m on a drip system so watering every day. In soil you go from 1 to 3 to 7. So would like to know if it’s the same in Coco or can I start in 3 gal and save myself 3 transplants?
roll with the 3 all the way,coco has no nutes and you provide them,you also on drip so no problem with a continuse feed program,clones dont grow a tap root so the feathering roots will build in the pot anyway,tap root normally hit bottom and plant just explode,clones seem like they just arent growing and then like a light switch it on hahahah,save room with the 3 is my opinion,a 3 will give you a great root system for indoor grow,outside i wouldnt even bother with coco,ive run it and dont like it a bit,to much damn work and im a lazy bastard,to be honest i havent really seen any difrence from a soil vs coco grow,soil is slow to the taproot again hits bottom and it explodes and coco from seed takes just as long in my opinion,it will out run the soil at first because you provide the food for it,soil takes only what it wants,but by harvest time ive found maybe a week quicker growing same strains

Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

roll with the 3 all the way,coco has no nutes and you provide them,you also on drip so no problem with a continuse feed program,clones dont grow a tap root so the feathering roots will build in the pot anyway,tap root normally hit bottom and plant just explode,clones seem like they just arent growing and then like a light switch it on hahahah,save room with the 3 is my opinion,a 3 will give you a great root system for indoor grow,outside i wouldnt even bother with coco,ive run it and dont like it a bit,to much damn work and im a lazy bastard,to be honest i havent really seen any difrence from a soil vs coco grow,soil is slow to the taproot again hits bottom and it explodes and coco from seed takes just as long in my opinion,it will out run the soil at first because you provide the food for it,soil takes only what it wants,but by harvest time ive found maybe a week quicker growing same strains
I went back and read this thread again. Can you tell me how much water you put into your 3 gal when feeding clones? They are at the end of their 1st week. I'm feeding 1000ppms EC 1.5 ph6.0 On my dip system I tested 2:45 sec of watering and that gave me 250mls Is that enough? It looks so little. I watered 500mls last night and still no run off. Should I go 750mls per feeding. I would think I would get some run off then. When I was in soil I would water 1 full liter of water.

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

Did u use perlite with your coco to get better drainage I'm just learning I added extra perlite to my coco loko it drains good for me

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I hand water mine maybe you should try one to see how much water it takes ? I believe its tough to to over water on coco but dont believe me cause I might be wrong 😊

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I pour water till it's almost to the rim and the it bubbles away😋😄

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’m all about the 1 gallons fabric pots when using coco coir. I started out using the 3 gallon fabric pots with coco and quickly switched to the 1 gallons. I bought the 1 gallon for a different purpose but ran out of the 3 gallons and all I had were the 1 gallons so I thought I’d roll with it. Now I veg and flower in the same 1 gallon pot.

Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

I use a Coco blend 70/30 with perlite. I have a pretty big area to grow in so I can go up to 7 gal pots if need be. I was told to by pass the 1 gal and go directly into 3 gal. I wish I had done different now. However, I won't have to transplant.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I went back and read this thread again. Can you tell me how much water you put into your 3 gal when feeding clones? They are at the end of their 1st week. I'm feeding 1000ppms EC 1.5 ph6.0 On my dip system I tested 2:45 sec of watering and that gave me 250mls Is that enough? It looks so little. I watered 500mls last night and still no run off. Should I go 750mls per feeding. I would think I would get some run off then. When I was in soil I would water 1 full liter of water.
i used 3 gal pots,i gave about a cup each feed,you want it moist,the coco tends to get mushy ,when i ran coco every feed was that,1 week in veg right? clone or from seed even 1 week in flower i wouldnt be running them high number,more like 750-900 ppm ,it all you when it comes down to it,i never let mine dry at all ,2 weeks before i plan to flip,i flushed it,from there on your ass gets tired aint lieing,hell no to coco hahahahha if i ever do it again it will be on a FLOOD TABLE hahahahahh

Enforcer

Enforcer

I put rooted clones into a 1gal fabric pot and they go on the drippers, fed 3x a day. A few weeks before moving them to the flower tent, they go into 3 gal fabric pots.

Top Bottom