1 mm white larvae crawling in soil occassionally jumpy

• Thread starter 0xygen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brookstown

In the end, if you don't know 100% for sure what they are then you need to destroy them because you don't know what they might do, that's not ignorant, (what a rude word, I hate to use it), it's just good sense.

Wouldn't Ignorant be the right word though? I mean you don't really know what your talking about with the no good bugs. Same attitude towards benes? I would love to see your product.

lazarus718

lazarus718

WoWWWW!!!! Didn't any of you guys see Starship Troopers?!?! Those little buggers are going to shit on your weed then rip your face off!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wouldn't Ignorant be the right word though? I mean you don't really know what your talking about with the no good bugs. Same attitude towards benes? I would love to see your product.
I agree, ignorant is the right word to use in that context, and I also agree about bugs. I see/saw the same thing with fish and reefkeepers--the moment they saw something that they hadn't purchased and hadn't planned on they freak out and want to kill them.

I can't tell you how many "What are these little white things on my glass" threads there are on all reefkeeping and fish forums.

Sometimes, they're starfish. Other times, they're copepods, others they're arthropods. At no time are they actually bad and in fact, most of the time, they're an indicator that the system is doing well (pretty much all inverts are a good indicator of such).

And what always cracks me up when I see these threads is the fact that they've put LIVE ROCK into the system. Dood, what did you expect and want when you started off establishing with LIVE ROCK? It's all those little "goodies", that's what!

B

brookstown

Sometimes, they're starfish. Other times, they're copepods, others they're arthropods. At no time are they actually bad and in fact, most of the time, they're an indicator that the system is doing well (pretty much all inverts are a good indicator of such).

You know I was told by some kids from stanford that the springtails are in fact a prime indicator of rhizosphere health and that they actually compost dead material and excret mycorrhizai bact.

I have been recycling about 20 gals of coco that have springtails by the billions and the plants just keep looking better and better and better.

I know it creeps you out but the idea of using the good things from nature to supplement the science of chemical fertilizer is a win win.

M

mellokitty

by the time you see gnat larvae on your roots, you should also be seeing flying gnats as well (they look like fruit flies but they're black).

Latest posts

Top Bottom