1 Out Of 4 Showing Flowers

• Thread starter DrTrauma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrTrauma

DrTrauma

Hi Growers! I have one of my four Northern Lights showing flowers while the other three are large and beautiful, but not showing just yet. How long do I wait until I switch to flowering cycle (12/12 - Reds - Bloom Nutrients) or should I push all 4 now to bloom? Growing indoor Hydro under KIND LED K5 750. Thank you!

1 out of 4 showing flowers
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If 1 of 4 is showing preflowers, could 1 be an auto somehow. Since your still on veg time, not flowering time, that would be my only guess.

DrTrauma

DrTrauma

Yes, they are all autoflower. This is my first time growing autos so I'm not sure if I let them all catch up or not. Thanks!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gotcha
Ypu left out the most important key word, auto.

If their indeed autos, they change to flower on its own, no? When the plant hits it's maturity, it flips to flower mode. Reason why you leave autos in 18/6 for their entire life cycle. You only flip photo period plants, not autos.

Edited
Damn phone autocorrect blows

Last edited:
Bannacis

Bannacis

Just keep on doing what you're doing, start bloom feed now.
No need to push into flower, keep lights at 18/6. Autos flower on their own.
I hope you haven't been transplanting or LSTing them, cause that will slow them down and they may not finish properly. once planted they need to be left alone.
I'm a little concerned that you have Autos but was going to flip your lights.
That little bit of info tells me you better read up on some grow books and more forum post.
Plus in future when needing help, you need to give as much info about your garden as possible.
good luck.... Read...read...read.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Gotcha
Ypu left out the most important key word, auto.

If their indeed autos, they change to flower on its own, no? When the plant hits it's maturity, it flips to flower mode. Reason why you leave autos in 18/6 for their entire life cycle. You only flip photo period plants, not autos.

Edited
Damn phone autocorrect blows

I'm flowering an auto on 12/12 with my photoperiod plants. Seem to be right on schedule with bud development & swelling compared to the photos.

The switch to 12/12 must of said it was way past summer lol. Looking very frosty too for being trained into a single cola plant.

DrTrauma

DrTrauma

Just keep on doing what you're doing, start bloom feed now.
No need to push into flower, keep lights at 18/6. Autos flower on their own.
I hope you haven't been transplanting or LSTing them, cause that will slow them down and they may not finish properly. once planted they need to be left alone.
I'm a little concerned that you have Autos but was going to flip your lights.
That little bit of info tells me you better read up on some grow books and more forum post.
Plus in future when needing help, you need to give as much info about your garden as possible.
good luck.... Read...read...read.

Thank you for the feedback. I am an outdoor grower and this is my first indoor hydro. I didn't realize the auto-flower part of the seeds that I purchased, so I am adjusting and learning and adjusting again.

I changed my light cycle to 20 on and 4 off based on reading I have been doing for hydro auto-flower. I have had that cycle going for 4 days and the plants seem to be liking it. I switched to bloom foods the same day.

I am running a Gorilla 4x4 tent, filtered air coming in and filtered air (Black Ops Carbon Filter) going out with 6" Hyperfans (315 CFM) that are controllable. My lighting is KIND K5 750 LED with built in timers and control over blues, red and whites at 1% increments. Currently running all 3 colors at 100% with sunrise and sunset each running 30 minutes. The plants are in 3 Gallon cloth pots with catch trays and are planted in Coco (Big City Hydro Organic Blend). I am running the full line of CYCO Neuts with an added Cal-Mag, watering every other day at this point. My water is RO Deionized (0 PPM at start) and heated to 70F with an aeration stone in my tank. I have been hand watering but the plants are too big to move around, so I am adding watering lines, top sprayers, tomorrow and will still operate manually at the pump side. I also have 2 hurricane fans moving air at 2 levels inside the tent.

The seeds are all Northern Lights, auto-flower, fem from Crop King Seeds and they were started in paper towel and then moved to rockwool and then the rockwool into the Coco - no other transplanting has occurred. They were in veg for about 6 weeks under Blue & White (100%) and Red (50%).

That is my current setup in a nutshell and this was started as an experiment to try hydro out and I have to say, I am enjoying the hell out of it! Constantly reading with lots of wants for the next grow-a-round.

Top Bottom