1-part alternatives to floranova

• Thread starter Daan Janssen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daan Janssen

Daan Janssen

Hey I just started using floranova by gh and as much as the final crop turned out ok, the solution was hard to deal with. I found it was too sludgy and left a nasty film on my nutrient tank. And considering I lost a quarter of the product to a hardened state in the bottom of the bottle, I was a little disappointed with gh this time.

Is there an alternative 1-part nute that you could recommend? Something that's a little easier to deal with and has less of a mess left behind.

Anything helps,

Cheers

Daan Janssen

Daan Janssen

apparently it's hard to mix, and is lacking in micronutrients and not all of it is water-soluble (according to just4growers). Any liquid nutes you've fooled around with?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hey I just started using floranova by gh and as much as the final crop turned out ok, the solution was hard to deal with. I found it was too sludgy and left a nasty film on my nutrient tank. And considering I lost a quarter of the product to a hardened state in the bottom of the bottle, I was a little disappointed with gh this time.

Is there an alternative 1-part nute that you could recommend? Something that's a little easier to deal with and has less of a mess left behind.

Anything helps,

Cheers

CNS17 is a one part that works very well. Rock solid ph. stays clean in a res. Very good price point.

Can run the veg formula entire run or switch to cns17 ripe for finishing. That could potentially make it 2 bottles of one part.

You looking for another organic based one part or just want something clean in the res?

Pure Blend pro is another "one part" option but may need to use cal/mg depending on your water source. Cleaner than flora nova but not as clean as cns17.
It is organic based like flora nova. Not as sludgy but not clean like a formula based solely on inorganic salts.

Maxibloom, SuperNatural Brand, Dutch Master ONE, Humboldt Nutrients Oneness, Medi One are the others "one parts" not mentioned.Veg+bloom is also good but costs are big due to application rates ime.

Personally have used pure blend pro, cns17, supernatural, veg + bloom, and flora nova.
Cost per gallon to apply. Maxi bloom and cns17 are top as far as being cost effective.

Daan Janssen

Daan Janssen

Thanks mate! I'll be looking into CNS17 for sure. Seems to have the best feedback and i'll be supporting a less dominant company. WIN WIN

GhostFace

GhostFace

been using pureblend pro for over 10years and I have used the cns17 for a few runs and didn't really like it.. did the whole maxibloom thing & it worked ok, now that im back using pureblend pro I wont use anything else. found out that I used a lot more cns17 to get the same results I get using less pbp. cant go wrong with PBP

Last edited:
KENT

KENT

I have used a variety of nuts over the years, that sludge and film is the organic materials building up, kinda sucks but yea, i had to change the res once a week in my hydro system and still had to scrub, but even more irritating was the clogs due to the thickness. I would be inclined to agree with ghostface about pure blend is a really good 1 part, however something all one parts carry is unknown. Different strains like different amounts of nutrients, with one parts you will need to add things like nitrogen and cal/mag to balance out any deficiencies. I currently use house and garden, expensive and not one part, but my yields haven't been bigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom