1 Plant (Ghetto) Closet SCROG

• Thread starter greenums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenums

This is my second grow, and first time SCROG attempt. I've topped this plant several times and think it's ready to go. The plant is in a 4gal planter of Canna Coco Coir. I use Canna Coco a/b, with a glug of FoxFarts Big Bloom/per gallon.

I've been vegging with 23W cfls, and have a 400W HPS Cool Tube ready to blast off.

Screen Dimensions: 2x3'

Some questions: Should I raise the plant more into the screen by turning my girly crate sideways and just flip now? Should I turn the HPS on in veg to get the plant caught up to the screen? Should I just flip now and the plant will grow enough for scrogging or should I veg more? Should I just toss the screen and stop playing around?? :) Any nute recommendations? Any advice would be appreciated.

This place is awesome. I feel like I'm way out of my league here after seeing some of your grow setups! Gotta start somewhere though, and in my case that's my ghetto closet.

Thanks in advance.

-greenums

Ghetto scrog
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Vegging under a hps is awesome. It's just more electricity. Floro's and cfl's do the job but for me it takes forever. If your gonna use your hps in veg the only recommendation I can give is start it at like 30 inches away and ease your way into your ladies. Always have a fan on it. Every one has their own nute regimen so hopefully one of the pro's can chime in and hook you up. If you mess with General Hydroponics nutes I can PM a schedule to you. Best of luck.

P.S. Talk about ghetto, click on each 1 teach 1 and check out the title.

K

Kaliman

It may be ghetto but it's tidy man!:)

I'd defo keep the screen and use it to splay the plant out more, spread the plant out sideways to nearly the width the light will spread at the point it hits the plant canopy so I'd get it nearer to it and start to spread the branches out.

Good luck with your second grow, you're off to a very nice start.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
put that 400 in there and veg her for a week (maybe more) to get her used to the higher lumens, spread her out across that screen and give her a nice push going into flower

one plant make her count - shes looking good

G

greenums

Thanks for the advice guys. I did everything you said basically. I slapped a 5 gal bucket under the tray, and decided to slowly lift by stacking buckets until the end of stretch. I guess I'll see how this screen fills out. I'm liking it so far anyways. Right now I'm a bit still undecided on when and if I should actually shave her legs down below. Was even entertaining the idea of slapping a 75 or 100W cmh down there, and hit up the UnderSCROG buds.

2 days after the flip..

P1010002
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

clean up those bottoms! no point in having it all it will do is take away from the top buds that's where the A+ bud will be!

i believe you have way to many sites through the top of that screen for 2 days into the flip. i've always been told by some of the best scrog growers that you want the screen 75% filled before you flip and you want to basically keep tucking until the end of stretch. at that point they will naturally bend for the light and pop through. you dont want 2ft of plant above the screen that defeats the purpose. above the screen should be all colas.

someone correct me if i'm wrong i have not ran a scrog yet but i thought about building a 5 x 15 scrog so i hit up people who had the best looking ones and asked for advice when i was thinking about doing it.

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

That baby is gonna s t r e. t.. c... h through that screen in one week bro! Give that bitch an inch and she will find a way to take ten! Since your in a closet and dealing with height limitations (I assume) yo might wanna lower her back down and see where shes peeking through in a few days. Definitely trim up those lower sub par branches in a few days, and start carefully tucking and ducking those peekers when they show! You want a uniform canopy to fill that screen up with the top shelf doja so when the stronger branches start really making their reach tuck them back down in the screen! All in all looking really nice man! Good luck!

-S0uP

G

greenums

Well it's been 2 weeks since the flip now. I've tamed her as best I can, and shaved her legs REAL good. Rolling into week 3; I see some flowering going on here.

Currently Bubbling:

Canna Coco A/B
Foxfarms BigBloom/TigerBloom
AN Nirvana
Blackstrap Molasses

Each in doses of about 10ml/gal.
PH steady around 6.

Forniflower
Fornilegs
LBH

LBH

You removed an heck of a lot of weight from the underside of her :(

Check out my scrog tutorial in my sig and also the 4-way tutorial. They illustrate how to properly scrog where all that stuff you removed is turned into grade A bud. No lights below the screen, when scrogged properly, those buds are part of the main canopy. Keep the screen 6-8" above the medium on the next run.

Looks great for your first attempt. With this experience and a screen or 2 more, many of the "timing" aspects of it , will become clearer and easier to predict.

Good luck!!!

G

greenums

I learned a lot on this one for sure. I think on this bush I should of just roped the bud branches out with twine and trained it without a screen.

But I really wanted to try SCROG (because the pics), and just basically tossed a screen on this thing and went at it.

Still some 6 weeks left. I'm hoping for 6 or 7oz. That's what I got from 6 plants in same place last first time. More importantly, I'm hoping for quality fruits with a great taste, smooth burn, and all the sudden gotta lie down type of euphoria.

LBH, I'm a big fan of your tutorial. I'll definitely try SCROG again, and in a variety of 4, 8, and even sideways LSTs.

G

greenums

28 days of flower now. I've been double glugging the nutes. She seems happy :)

Week4
Upskirt
Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

Don't listen to anyone, you are doing it perfectly. All that stuff under the screen would not have added up to any weight at all.

The meat and potatoes are always above the screen. ;)

dextr0

dextr0

1 400w + 1 plant....should be a beast. I hope u diddnt trim to much off mane, Good luck.

G

greenums

I'm going to try and let this one go around 8-9 weeks, so around a month left still.

G

greenums

Day 54 been flushing until drains clear. She started turning purple on me which is cool. The yellow is the result of lumen deaths and overnute, and lack of nitrogen maybe. Well looks like yellow jackets to me. Wish my camera worked better. Aliens!

P1010020
P1010018
hiboy

hiboy

Did you ever think of putting some reflective around her for some more shine?

Latest posts

Top Bottom