1 Plant lost due to bud rota week ago, are these now affected too?

• Thread starter kuruption50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuruption50

1 out of my 4 plants had visible bud rot a week ago. Some Brown sugar leaves and brown mold when looking inside the colas so I removed the plant entirely. The remaining 3 were not showing any of those symptoms. Now a week later none of the plants have any visible brown mold like the previous one. I check inside the buds near the stem daily and everything is green. But one plant has stem discolouration and what looks like rot. Another plant has no visible stem issues but many leaves have turned dark purple almost black. The last plant seems to be doing OK so far.

Any advice on weather the crop is worth finishing? Buds look ok but stems/leaves say something is wrong.

Plant 1 - Stem Issues
1 plant lost due to bud rota week ago are these now affected too

1 plant lost due to bud rota week ago are these now affected too 2

Plant 2 - Dark Leaves
1 plant lost due to bud rota week ago are these now affected too 3

1 plant lost due to bud rota week ago are these now affected too 4

1 plant lost due to bud rota week ago are these now affected too 5

Plant 3 - some yellowing but hopefully it'll make it
1 plant lost due to bud rota week ago are these now affected too 6

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Look like you can feed more N along flowering next time.

i m not sure of what i m seeing with your stem issue, a closer shot of what you think is stem rot may help.

the dark leaves color changes is normal, that's something you observe sometime with some strain or some phenotypes within a strain near the end of flowering.

K

kuruption50

Look like you can feed more N along flowering next time.

i m not sure of what i m seeing with your stem issue, a closer shot of what you think is stem rot may help.

the dark leaves color changes is normal, that's something you observe sometime with some strain or some phenotypes within a strain near the end of flowering.
Screenshot 20230925 111902 Gallery

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Might as well get rid of all the yellow fan leaves. They’re not doing any good. If that rot spreads through and around the stalk, it’s curtains, in my opinion! I haven’t heard of any ways to treat it.

Nightstick008

Nightstick008

1 out of my 4 plants had visible bud rot a week ago. Some Brown sugar leaves and brown mold when looking inside the colas so I removed the plant entirely. The remaining 3 were not showing any of those symptoms. Now a week later none of the plants have any visible brown mold like the previous one. I check inside the buds near the stem daily and everything is green. But one plant has stem discolouration and what looks like rot. Another plant has no visible stem issues but many leaves have turned dark purple almost black. The last plant seems to be doing OK so far.

Any advice on weather the crop is worth finishing? Buds look ok but stems/leaves say something is wrong.

Plant 1 - Stem Issues
View attachment 2047128

View attachment 2047130

Plant 2 - Dark Leaves
View attachment 2047133
View attachment 2047135
View attachment 2047144

Plant 3 - some yellowing but hopefully it'll make it
View attachment 2047145
What a shame that happened to you. I had a few spots of bud rot this season. I pulled the plants that were affected and cut out the bud rot and harvested them. A buddy of mine creates a tent with poles and places a sheet for cold and tarp for rain. It's been working well so far for him.

K

kuruption50

Might as well get rid of all the yellow fan leaves. They’re not doing any good. If that rot spreads through and around the stalk, it’s curtains, in my opinion! I haven’t heard of any ways to treat it.
Are you referring to the stem rot photo or just bud rot in general?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Stem rot. Stem rot is a very serious problem. If that’s what you have! You can Google it. Everyone back east gets bud rot!

Choppr

Choppr

Spray all the branches/stem/stalks leading up to the buds with a peroxide/distilled water solution 3:1, a lot of times this can be from a branch being bent causing micro tears in the cuticle (skin) and an infection will begin botrytis/stem/bud rot, if it gets to the buds you will have bud rot. This is Common in late Season Damp Conditions - good luck

Top Bottom