1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be??

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hi i am about 2weeks into flowering 5 plants and one has dyed and am not sure whats went wrong
I have
Nft table not sure what one it a meter long lol am new to nft

1.2m*1.2m*2m tent
1- 4" rvk exhaust
1-12" ocalating fan
1- 600w hps
1m nft

Green dream veg
Green dream flower
Grow storm

I have vegged for 4 weeks and now 2 week into flip of light so 6 weeks they were very health plant during the veg stage pic 1 and pic 2 but since i have switchedbto vegvit seem to have went down hill. i gave half veg /half flower nute wen fliped the light and fill with flower feed as needed ph has been 6.0 all the way through the grow all the plants seem to have yellow quite a bit more than usual as i grow this strain a lot a it has also hit 100f in ther a couple times mabey 4 5 times the last 2 Week as we have had some very hot days and i could get the temps down. The pump is on 24/7 and as yoy can see in first pics they were happy with it and the one that has dyed is the one back one of the 2 in the middle as you will see in the last couple pics i just dont get how that one can die and the rest still be living and how can i stop the rest from going the say way. Anyrhing here would help a dont want to lose this lol

1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be
1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be 2
1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be 3
1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be 4
1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be 5
1 plant of 5 has shrivled up and dyed how could this be 6
canadaseed

canadaseed

i feel like this is because of salt build up... you should flush your Nft every 8-10 days. ph level in combo with nutes could be creating an uptake issue, dosen't sound like that since you've had no problems in the past. many comapnies' nute doses are too high so you might be overfeeding?? And your leafs are curling up looking shocked... something going on with the roots is causing this. also if your plants are drinking from the same water supply they are all competing, so that could explain why one plant died off and the others survived.

Last edited:
Canappa

Canappa

Ok looks like you have problem with water and the temps, how fast is the water flowing through the system I found out the faster the better. Whats the humidity in the room? What are the water temps with light on and off, how much oxygen you got going into the rez any air stones or power heads being used?

Lots of things you must consistently check when running a nft system but once dialed in properly you will never have problems like this. Make sure to check you calibration on you tools also, staying constant 6.1ph does not sound right when mine are in veg I have to lower the pH daily till she goes into flower then I bump my nutes up and the pH is more constant.

Pull that bad apple out of you basket, having just one bad plant can ruin all the others in the system pull it out and take pics of the roots and let me see them, I can then give you a better ideal of whats going on, I been running my nft/gutters since the early 90's so anything I can do to help just let me know;)

S

Shivaskunk

Ok looks like you have problem with water and the temps, how fast is the water flowing through the system I found out the faster the better. Whats the humidity in the room? What are the water temps with light on and off, how much oxygen you got going into the rez any air stones or power heads being used?

Lots of things you must consistently check when running a nft system but once dialed in properly you will never have problems like this. Make sure to check you calibration on you tools also, staying constant 6.1ph does not sound right when mine are in veg I have to lower the pH daily till she goes into flower then I bump my nutes up and the pH is more constant.

Pull that bad apple out of you basket, having just one bad plant can ruin all the others in the system pull it out and take pics of the roots and let me see them, I can then give you a better ideal of whats going on, I been running my nft/gutters since the early 90's so anything I can do to help just let me know;)
Soz not been on been realy busy lol
Great thank for all the help never new ther was that much to it i have run dwc for a god while and it a lot easyer lol only started ph and using ec this grow with my bubler lol . I will get a pic up as soon as i can get to it as its in a freinds house. the ph is 6 it gets checked every second day and not got a ec meter in ther will be gettin one as it is realy need in nft

Top Bottom