1 plant with 4 x 400w hps

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aleYarok

aleYarok

would this set up work?

it would be in its own small sealed room (or tent) with a light in each corner facing the plant. will be including everything else such as ac, c02, ice chiller, buckets just like doubleds but on a smaller scale.

thats 1600w for one plant... is it too much?
i figure in DDs system each plant is getting hit by 4 lights but only getting a 1/4th from each light, so roughly thats 1000w for each plant.
do you think the one plant would produce 3-4lbs maybe even 5 since it has more light?

please help. me and my father are moving to cali in couple weeks, i cant wait to get out Minneapolis! ive got a macro lens + d90 and cant wait to show the farm photos of my beautiful ladies once they are blooming.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
The main problem with 400's is there plant penetration, it's not enough to create monsters. While you'd be running 1600w total, the penetration isn't there for this style of grow. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a 400w the least efficient light (vs 600 and 1000)?

IMO you should run at least 600's if not 2-1000's on opposite sides of the plant.
OXO

Or run 2 plants and 3-600's like Heath Robinson did.
0X0X0

If your moving to cali why are ya so worried about plant count? Is it a room size or cash issue?

S

sativaboost420

why would you only want to grow 1 plant under 4 x 400hps you could push a shit load of plants under that much light i am runing 1 400w hps and have 6 plants lstd out the 400w covers each plant with just enough light , but on the other hand your buds will grow at a better potential with a 600 or 1000w hps

N

nor cali farmer

well good luck with your grow. but if it was i i would more plants

E

edux10

would be a big investment to just "see if it works" kinda thing. you thinking about using hoods? i really dont think this would make the lights that much more effeciant. The reason that the mpbs work is that the lights light several plants.

aleYarok

aleYarok

thanks for all info! looks like we wont be doing this, our growing space has change... it now looks like we will have a 16x16ft room for growing. we want to do 4-6 plants... what do you all think?

M

mcattak

why would you only want to grow 1 plant under 4 x 400hps you could push a shit load of plants under that much light i am runing 1 400w hps and have 6 plants lstd out the 400w covers each plant with just enough light , but on the other hand your buds will grow at a better potential with a 600 or 1000w hps

Same reason i run 15 plants under 16k...I could run 500 plants but prefer to grow trees...

Do some more reading about MPB's

mc

M

mcattak

would this set up work?

it would be in its own small sealed room (or tent) with a light in each corner facing the plant. will be including everything else such as ac, c02, ice chiller, buckets just like doubleds but on a smaller scale.

thats 1600w for one plant... is it too much?
i figure in DDs system each plant is getting hit by 4 lights but only getting a 1/4th from each light, so roughly thats 1000w for each plant.
do you think the one plant would produce 3-4lbs maybe even 5 since it has more light?

please help. me and my father are moving to cali in couple weeks, i cant wait to get out Minneapolis! ive got a macro lens + d90 and cant wait to show the farm photos of my beautiful ladies once they are blooming.

Not enough penetration with the 400's...3-4 pounds with 1600w...NOT...

mc

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
12'x12'.... 4-plants and 5-lights (5-1000's or 4-1000's and 1-1500).
O=light
X=plant

OXO
XOX
OXO

16'x16'... 6-plants, 6-lights

OXO
XOX
OXO
XOX

Top Bottom