1 ton minisplit - precharged lines - 120v plug

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

evlme2

Yeah, the efficiency is #2 on the list, with the fact that it won't exhaust air out being #1 on the list.

Plus, even though it says 12K BTUs, the max is at 14.5KBTUs, which must beat the shit outta my 14K portable.

And my parents have a place in West Palm as well, maybe I'll hit you up when I head down that way :RastaBong:

I'll be here my man:RastaBong:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It says temp range for it to work is 5-109 F. Can you put the compressor unit inside like in the basement or another room so you can cool the room in the winter in the North East?

C

ClimateControl

Yes..:RastaBong:

Really? You will put the condenser inside of an enclosed room? I hope you will vent the outside ambient temp to the inside where the unit is. If you put it into a confined environment it will raise the temp way past 105f

E

evlme2

Really? You will put the condenser inside of an enclosed room? I hope you will vent the outside ambient temp to the inside where the unit is. If you put it into a confined environment it will raise the temp way past 105f
Well, that was a given. lol
I hope one would know that a condenser can't be placed in a sealed room with no way of venting the heat it puts out....didn't think I needed to point out the obvious.:)

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I was just about to post a thread asking about this product until i seen there already was one, the shop i currently buy from had 5 in stock and promised by summer a 2 and 3 ton version, i went ahead and bought the one ton version and am gonna wait till i harvest in a week to set it up in a 3k room, it promises to be completely DIY but we will see, i will keep yall posted

:banana1sv6:

G

gudkarma

bobby

if you need a vac pump & professional gauges i got that right outside.

let me know.

i do a/c on all my hotrods.
i mean to say, if i can do a/c... you can do a/c.

with the proper tools... and if you pay attention to details (dont walk away from the gauges to pick your nose, dont overfill, take your time, vac properly)... it's quite easy.

B

Bobby Smith

GK - appreciate the offer and might take you up on that, but it won't be until at least late spring - got too much more to do setting up to worry about AC (I'm sure my 14K portable can do the job until spring).

CC - appreciate the info - yes, I was looking for the true "plug and play" like the link - just plug it in and attach the lines and it's ready to rock 'n roll - you plan on carrying any of those at any point in the future?

G

gudkarma

GK - appreciate the offer and might take you up on that, but it won't be until at least late spring - got too much more to do setting up to worry about AC (I'm sure my 14K portable can do the job until spring).

not a problem. you say when & i can loan you the tools... from line wrenches to pro guages to a real deal pro vac pump.

if you need detailed instruction... i can write them out or direct you via links on the web.

of course, if your comfort level is there, i can do it for you.

either way, you dont need no stinking a/c guy :-)

gotcha covered.

~karma

B

Bobby Smith

GK, methinks I'll be taking you up on that offer in a few months :)

S

serpent

sanyo has a similar unit.11,900 btu,1 ton,[email protected],479.

just says high steer,no number given.no licensed hvac guy needed.but is

does not mention pre-charged lines.

checking out the online owners manual,low temp is only 67.which would be a

no go for me.

your unit say i can go as low as 61.which i can live with.

E

evlme2

sanyo has a similar unit.11,900 btu,1 ton,[email protected],479.

just says high steer,no number given.no licensed hvac guy needed.but is

does not mention pre-charged lines.

checking out the online owners manual,low temp is only 67.which would be a

no go for me.

your unit say i can go as low as 61.which i can live with.
Sanyo DOES NOT make a true diy plug n play system. Unless you know how to vacuum the line set then you WILL need a tech to do it.
Also, some Sanyo models do not have low ambient cooling. Meaning, once it gets below 50 outside it will no longer blow cold air and will shut off, where as most brands keep cooling even when it's only in the teens outside. I'm sure some Sanyo models do have low ambient cooling but you have to read the specs carefully, the devils' in the details folks!
If the units do not come with PRECHARGED linesets then it is NOT a diy and you WILL need a tech. :bongsmi:

the rrock

the rrock

how is the outside compressor plug and play/never seen one wtth a plug attached and aren't they 220 volts,just curious as I have installed quite a few of these(mostly in small server rooms and a few for growers) but i use only one brand and they require wiring

Latest posts

Top Bottom