1 week into flower and new growth dying

• Thread starter Bent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bent

Bent

please help!

I have 12 plants in flower right now. Vegged for about a month and flipped to 12/12 8 days ago. I vegged them in half gallon pots, with straight ocean forest soil. Before switching to flower, I re-potted them into 3 1/2 gallon pots, again with straight ocean forest. So far they have been fed nothing other than RO water and General Organics CaMg+, ph'd to 6.5. Temps have been 80-82 at the top of the canopy and 25% RH.

Noticed 2 white flies a couple nights ago and sprayed them down with Ortho Elementals Incecticidal Soap 1 min before lights went off.

New growth is not looking good! Noticed them looking a bit odd yesterday, got home tonight and definitely worse! Bud sites are NOT happy.

IMG_7754.JPG

Any ideas? They are due for watering, so I am going to flush tonight, but very worried.

hiboy

hiboy

Check your ph, ppm tester for accuracy. It might be f ed up.
They kinda look dried out, have u been watering enough, ?
Have u foilar fed them lately?
Your temps are a little hot,
h

Bent

Bent

No to the foliar feed, until 1 min ago. Watering has been regular, but it is dry here and havent been running my humidifier. Just turned that on too. Have run them several times now at this level humidity and this is the first time I have noticed a problem.

Could it be light shock? These were under t12 flouros during veg and now under 1000w hps. Never used the fluorescent lights before and they were kind of weak.

Ill have to go check my ph meter now.

hiboy

hiboy

light shock is def.a possiblity. how far away are the hps?
those girls might not be hardened enough to handle that.
u might of nailed it right there...
h

Bent

Bent

1k's were about 18in away. Raised them up to about 30in for now. And yeah, been getting water every 3-4 days, ph meter checked out fine.

hiboy

hiboy

18 is super close for freshies that were under flouries. u did right by raising them to 30
h

Bent

Bent

Uuuugh, I'm thinking I fried them. Never used those flouros before. I usually veg under a 400w mh bulb, but outgrew it and borrowed the flouros from a friend. Some of the bud sites are looking pretty iffy. Any tips on what to do? Leave them alone and see if they recover, or cut them off?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Uuuugh, I'm thinking I fried them. Never used those flouros before. I usually veg under a 400w mh bulb, but outgrew it and borrowed the flouros from a friend. Some of the bud sites are looking pretty iffy. Any tips on what to do? Leave them alone and see if they recover, or cut them off?

You already started flower so leave them alone, damage is done. You can risk reverting back to veg though.

Bent

Bent

Kind of what I'm debating now. I have revegged a plant before and remembering it taking like 3 weeks. That sound about right? I don't want to waste the next 8 on 12 plants that will have a lousy yield. Arghh.

Bent

Bent

IMG_7780.JPG

Opinions? Almost every bud sit looks like this. Re-veg or keep it in flower?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Kind of what I'm debating now. I have revegged a plant before and remembering it taking like 3 weeks. That sound about right? I don't want to waste the next 8 on 12 plants that will have a lousy yield. Arghh.

Don't know man, hard to judge from the pic just how much damage was done. If it was enough, I'd revert them and cut the dead stuff off and spend the extra time getting them back to flowering condition again. Never know, some strains might even get tougher with that kind of treatment...sometimes these ladies like it rough bro.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't know man, hard to judge from the pic just how much damage was done. If it was enough, I'd revert them and cut the dead stuff off and spend the extra time getting them back to flowering condition again. Never know, some strains might even get tougher with that kind of treatment...sometimes these ladies like it rough bro.

good add ................you can also move the light up give em a week to recover and see what they do then revert if need be :character0053:

ps. by up I mean all the way up for a week (as far away as possible)

Latest posts

Top Bottom