10,000k grow

• Thread starter JUSTJR27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JUSTJR27

Whats up everyone Im new to tthis forum but am loving it so far Iam getting ready for a new grow I havent grown in almost a year and dying to get my hands stincky again I have grown in soil before but in a smaller scale and have been able to pull 2oz of a plant vegged for one month under 4 1000k lights with no co2 now this is my plan

Sealed Room
10 1000k lights
3 ton central a/c
150 plants in 4/5 gallon pots
Drain to Waste System (Top Drip)
Bc Sweet Dreams strain Vegged for 3/4 weeks 24hr
Co2 or maybe just run a intake from outside into room

Now my list of questions lol

Will I have to place the A/c handler into the grow room or can it stay in the hallway

What would be the best medium for a drain to waste system and I would like to feed it as many times as possible so what would be a good feeding time start to finish (I know it will only be a estimate but so I can have something to start off with)

For co2 I would rather go with the intake b/c its what the plant has naturaly (if so at what intervals should I run fans for)Or a tank with regulator and timer(I would rather not b/c co2 monitors are expensive)

And like I stated earlier I have avg. 2oz off plants before using only 4 k and no c02 will I be able to get at least in the 3.5 to 4 oz range with this grow

Thanks for all the help ahead of time

C

CAPO

Since your wanting a sealed room with a dedicated 3-ton AC; I would invest in 1-2 CO2 burners. You could have additional dehumidifiers to help the AC pull off humidity.
Are you gonna use tables?

J

JUSTJR27

Since your wanting a sealed room with a dedicated 3-ton AC; I would invest in 1-2 Blue Ox CO2 burners. You could have additional dehumidifiers to help the AC pull off humidity.
Are you gonna use tables?

yea I was thinking of some type of trays to catch the waste

Do you think I can get away with just bringing fresh air from outside house for the co2 just really dont what all the fuss that comes with the co2 equip

Thanks for the reply

W

watercooled

First off:
You're low on A/C

Second, you have have the air handler outside the room, but if you'll need to do some extra duct work to feed the handler from the room and and return the cold air.

You can simply put a properly sized carbon filter in the room and exhaust to the outside, but then you are throwing your cold air out too.

Cheers!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I agree as a 3 ton only puts out 36k of btu's of cooling. So you are cooling the lights but not the room. For the money you should get a watercooled air handler and use it with a chiller. Litter more pricy but it will pay for itself in no time.

M

mcattak

yea I was thinking of some type of trays to catch the waste

Do you think I can get away with just bringing fresh air from outside house for the co2 just really dont what all the fuss that comes with the co2 equip

Thanks for the reply

Your room is only partially sealed if you bring air in from the outside

Why not get a 4 ton a/c

W

watercooled

Duct the lights from out of the room to out of the room, Makes sure those duct lines and hoods are all sealed, Then the 3 ton will work fine.

^ Agreed

Dreams... What fan are cooling you're lights with? Is it a single fan for all of them?

Is the metal on the hoods cool, warm or hot to the touch after the lights have been on for a couple hours?

I think I'll be setting up a room for a co-op that will have air cooling from the outside and vented back outside. I'm not 100% sure on CFM requirements for this. Also, do you know the BTU cooling requirements when air cooling like you are? My concern would be to oversize the A/C and have to add a dehumidifier since A/C's do such a good job at it ;-)

thanks!

M

mcattak

^ Agreed

Dreams... What fan are cooling you're lights with? Is it a single fan for all of them?

Is the metal on the hoods cool, warm or hot to the touch after the lights have been on for a couple hours?

I think I'll be setting up a room for a co-op that will have air cooling from the outside and vented back outside. I'm not 100% sure on CFM requirements for this. Also, do you know the BTU cooling requirements when air cooling like you are? My concern would be to oversize the A/C and have to add a dehumidifier since A/C's do such a good job at it ;-)

thanks!

Sealed hoods in so cal I go with around 3000 btu per 1k

Top Bottom