10 beans, 9 deaths and 1 seedling

• Thread starter diezelburner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diezelburner

Well 6 out of 10 germinated. 5 died shortly after sprouting and I'm left with 1. Its 8 days old now and its looks a lot better. The beans were a couple years old but I thought I would try while I wait for my beans from the farm. This is a sativa but the strain is unkown. Two days after it poped the stem turned bright purple for some unkown reason. It is getting better now. Its still on straight water but I think I will start some nutes on it soon. Sorry about the bad pics I have no idea what is up with my camera its a 10 MP but will not focus up close? If it keeps pissin me off its gona get the dance of death too here shortly! Now you can't see very good in the picture but on a couple of the leafs they have brown on them but it looks like a brown felt marker stain and its only on the top. You can also see very tiny brown specs on each of the tips of the leafs. They are not burns though. It apperars to be going away each day so maybe from stress. Its under T5 right now I think I will leave it there for another week to make sure its ok. Also im using well water and its hard as hell about 400 PPM so that might be having a effect on it to. I did boil some and the PPM went down to 220 PPM so I think thats what I will be doing from now on.

10 beans 9 deaths and 1 seedling
10 beans 9 deaths and 1 seedling 2
D

Dusty Miller

Dude your running on well water, Take a sample to the local board of heath for testing. Itd free. Are there any farms close to you? Or have any of the local farmers been useing the fertalizer from the local WAIST WATER FACILLITY?
Had it happen here , skrewed up my babies for weeks.

S

Sweetcheeba420

Premium Member
Supporter
I have trouble starting seeds in anything, but good old soil. What r your temps?

S

stone69

Does your camera have a macro button? If it does turn that on and you will get better close-ups.... Hope you and the other farmers can figure it out......

D

diezelburner

DM..No farms near me its all bush for miles. Any ferts i use in the garden are organic and never fert the lawn or I'd have to cut to often. The health board is about 5 hrs away. But I got a RO on order it should be here shortly.

Sweetch... Water temp 20 C
Plant 22C

Stone...Ya the macro's r on if I shut them off its just a blur. Not sure what the dean is it used to be good. I think i might reset back to factory setting though.

These seeds were shit genetics though so I'm not to surprised. I got a couple good starins coming. I'm also using grotek for ferts but I got some good stuff coming next week. The closest hydro store is like 8 hours so anything is a pain in the ass to get but I have a truck load of shit coming.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
diezelburner, even with good nutes on sativa, ... be careful with them. Better to be under feed than burnt-up! With sativa's i'd give them 1/4 to 1/3 strengh untill i can see they really like what i'm doing ! By the way age of seeds is not a done deal. I've had durban poison X skunk#1 from Sam the Skunk Man , freebies from Gypsy... out of 10 seeds , we got 3 to grow! These were 18 year old seeds!!! Cannibis was way up sativa !! Very nice , for sure !!!! More has to do with storage methods(how the seeds are/were stored), since being made !! Also, had some Humboldt Select seeds from Heavens Stairway, right before they were sold out, we poped 6 and 6 are 1 foot tall right now !! Also done at the same time ,3 Chemdog D X Bubba Kush , started with 3 got 3 now !! Let me tell you how i do it, .... 24 hour soak in distilled water, watch for them to sink, tap them with finger to sink them, once they sink , (i use a shot glass to soak them), I place them in beer cups appox. 1/4 inch deep in soil (seed starter soil), water the beer cups before the seeds get there, put a little soil over them and lightly spray them with the distiled water, then watch, when they come up do not get them wet at all,... just spray next to them carefully, wetting the soil only, once they are 2 weeks old you can water them as you would have or give light nutes... I use a spray bottle with distilled water because this lets me control water getting on the (new), stem , untill the 2nd or 3rd set of leaves. hope this helps !! Seeds are costly and it is nice to get 100% !!! If, one can of coarse !! To me , this is the hardest part/time in a grow !!! Once past this part, for me ... smooth sailing from there...oh yeah, i also use t-5's for the seeds to start them !! monkey5

D

diezelburner

diezelburner, even with good nutes on sativa, ... be careful with them. Better to be under feed than burnt-up! With sativa's i'd give them 1/4 to 1/3 strengh untill i can see they really like what i'm doing ! By the way age of seeds is not a done deal. I've had durban poison X skunk#1 from Sam the Skunk Man , freebies from Gypsy... out of 10 seeds , we got 3 to grow! These were 18 year old seeds!!! Cannibis was way up sativa !! Very nice , for sure !!!! More has to do with storage methods(how the seeds are/were stored), since being made !! Also, had some Humboldt Select seeds from Heavens Stairway, right before they were sold out, we poped 6 and 6 are 1 foot tall right now !! Also done at the same time ,3 Chemdog D X Bubba Kush , started with 3 got 3 now !! Let me tell you how i do it, .... 24 hour soak in distilled water, watch for them to sink, tap them with finger to sink them, once they sink , (i use a shot glass to soak them), I place them in beer cups appox. 1/4 inch deep in soil (seed starter soil), water the beer cups before the seeds get there, put a little soil over them and lightly spray them with the distiled water, then watch, when they come up do not get them wet at all,... just spray next to them carefully, wetting the soil only, once they are 2 weeks old you can water them as you would have or give light nutes... I use a spray bottle with distilled water because this lets me control water getting on the (new), stem , untill the 2nd or 3rd set of leaves. hope this helps !! Seeds are costly and it is nice to get 100% !!! If, one can of coarse !! To me , this is the hardest part/time in a grow !!! Once past this part, for me ... smooth sailing from there...oh yeah, i also use t-5's for the seeds to start them !! monkey5

Thanks for the info dude. Things are going smooth now. I started on 1/2 nutes last night and its doing good. The roots are going nuts now. These seeds were just tossed around for the last few years so I was not expecting much from them. I should have more to germ by the end of the week hopefully. Thanks

C

crazycanuckster

try bottled water

if your water is bad use some bottled water to get them started or at least boil the water and then cool it to the right temp and try that, gl.....

Top Bottom