10 day old clones and still no roots

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Day ten clones stil no roots all standing nice . Theres resistance when I touch the stem.
They am in a propagator.
In jiffy pellets
Using a 2 tube-envirolight
The jiffys seem a bit dry to touch.
Shal I spray the jiffys?
Spray inside of propagator?
Or spray the clones leaves?

I've done clones several times. Normally see roots on at least one agtser ten days. So just seeing what you guys think.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I've sprayed them lightly. Normally just leave them and roots come after bout 10-14 days. Strain dependant. I've always sprayed clowns and the tray.

Anthem

Anthem

If you have a strain leaning heavy on the indica side it can take longer

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Humidity good? Always keep the medium wet and I spray mine daily if they are dry.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I never do anything but keep the oasis cubes I have em in damp, never spray em, never do anything special, heck after a few days I open my clone dome vents just a tad & I get slightly quicker roots that way. I really prefer oasis cubes for rooting over any other cloning medium.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I never do anything but keep the oasis cubes I have em in damp, never spray em, never do anything special, heck after a few days I open my clone dome vents just a tad & I get slightly quicker roots that way. I really prefer oasis cubes for rooting over any other cloning medium.
So u only soak them before u put clones in and then leave them til they show roots.
These will pull through. Just want them to root bit quiker.
Some say open vents some keep closed but burp them once or twice a day

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

So u only soak them before u put clones in and then leave them til they show roots.
These will pull through. Just want them to root bit quiker.
Some say open vents some keep closed but burp them once or twice a day

absolutely that is exactly what I do & I get faster roots that way rather then keeping the clones wet. I water the cubes when need be but the least saturated with water as I can keep em other than the first cube soaking. I use to spray em 20 years ago & sometimes the Indica I was running would take 21 days to root, changed to oasis cubes & knocked several days off that time, then quit spraying em & started cracking the dome vents after like 4 days & that knocked a few days off the time. it stays plenty humid enough in my dome even with the vents cracked open a tad. I have a 99.9% success rate too, I might lose 1 out of 200 clones at very most because it didn't root, I also I just use old fashioned rootone, or the Schultz equivalent, same bottle for over 10 years now...lol

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

absolutely that is exactly what I do & I get faster roots that way rather then keeping the clones wet. I water the cubes when need be but the least saturated with water as I can keep em other than the first cube soaking. I use to spray em 20 years ago & sometimes the Indica I was running would take 21 days to root, changed to oasis cubes & knocked several days off that time, then quit spraying em & started cracking the dome vents after like 4 days & that knocked a few days off the time. it stays plenty humid enough in my dome even with the vents cracked open a tad. I have a 99.9% success rate too, I might lose 1 out of 200 clones at very most because it didn't root, I also I just use old fashioned rootone, or the Schultz equivalent, same bottle for over 10 years now...lol
I get them to root mate but usually takes me 14-21 days.
Have few before 14 depending on strain. U have lights on 24 hour or 18-6

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
When using jiffy cubes I will

A) soak plugs in water for at least an hour before using
B) water each plug once per day with approximately 6ml of water (RO)
C) leave dome vents closed for first 3 days, open the rest of the time
D) Make sure there is at least 1/4" of water in the bottom of the propagation tray
E) use a tray within the tray to keep the cubes elevated just above the water. I prefer those brown trays that look like a rack, not the black ones with plug spots, they don't allow enough air to the cubes in my opinion.
F) if needed use a heat mat to keep the propagation tray between 75-80 degrees
G) change the water and clean the dome and tray once every 3 days

I never spray my clones directly with water, I make them search for their water. Fastest rooting time I have achieved with these tips is 4 days from cut. Usually 2 weeks tops to fully root out a full tray.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

When using jiffy cubes I will

A) soak plugs in water for at least an hour before using
B) water each plug once per day with approximately 6ml of water (RO)
C) leave dome vents closed for first 3 days, open the rest of the time
D) Make sure there is at least 1/4" of water in the bottom of the propagation tray
E) use a tray within the tray to keep the cubes elevated just above the water. I prefer those brown trays that look like a rack, not the black ones with plug spots, they don't allow enough air to the cubes in my opinion.
F) if needed use a heat mat to keep the propagation tray between 75-80 degrees
G) change the water and clean the dome and tray once every 3 days

I never spray my clones directly with water, I make them search for their water. Fastest rooting time I have achieved with these tips is 4 days from cut. Usually 2 weeks tops to fully root out a full tray.
Myt open the vents then now. At moment I'm on day 11. Theres deffo resistance wen i giv stem a little tug. Temps are fine humidity 98
Theres water in bottom of tray.
I mist dome sometimes. sometimes I mist clones themselves. Normally get roots 14-21days.
I've had quiker but strain dependant..
So ya reckon I should open vents on dome now.
When you are watering each pellet with 6 mil is that from the top. And surely they aitn gena search for water if u do that every day. Good to here peoples different ways and opinions..

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Myt open the vents then now. At moment I'm on day 11. Theres deffo resistance wen i giv stem a little tug. Temps are fine humidity 98
Theres water in bottom of tray.
I mist dome sometimes. sometimes I mist clones themselves. Normally get roots 14-21days.
I've had quiker but strain dependant..
So ya reckon I should open vents on dome now.
When you are watering each pellet with 6 mil is that from the top. And surely they aitn gena search for water if u do that every day. Good to here peoples different ways and opinions..

Yeah it's very dry here in Colorado at high elevations so with the vents open the cubes dry out pretty quickly. 6ml isnt very much water at all. I use a small 12 ml syringe you can purchase at places like farm and ranch supply stores used for animals mostly (no needle just a syringe) and yes top water. Just enough to keep the cubes moist, not drenched.. Your climate and watering needs may vary. The idea is to make the plant produce roots to get their water rather than supplying the plant with water by spraying. I only spray clones if they have bugs or something. It's fine to spray the dome, too. Sounds like your humidity is fine just make sure to change the water and clean the tray and dome very well before putting clones in to prevent mold and other issues.

I used to sell trays of clones, it's good money especially if you can produce 200 a week. Personally I prefer LEDs on a 18/6 and then a 24hr schedule for rooting clones.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Yeah it's very dry here in Colorado at high elevations so with the vents open the cubes dry out pretty quickly. 6ml isnt very much water at all. I use a small 12 ml syringe you can purchase at places like farm and ranch supply stores used for animals mostly (no needle just a syringe) and yes top water. Just enough to keep the cubes moist, not drenched.. Your climate and watering needs may vary. The idea is to make the plant produce roots to get their water rather than supplying the plant with water by spraying. I only spray clones if they have bugs or something. It's fine to spray the dome, too. Sounds like your humidity is fine just make sure to change the water and clean the tray and dome very well before putting clones in to prevent mold and other issues.

I used to sell trays of clones, it's good money especially if you can produce 200 a week. Personally I prefer LEDs on a 18/6 and then a 24hr schedule for rooting clones.
What would you do now then mate day 11. Theres defo some resistance il send you a pick inabit.
Would you open vents on the domes a bit or all way?
Soray jiffy pellets if they look dry or?
Mist the dome?
What wud you do to speed up the routing over next few days

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Lot of of dif ways to do things no wrong or write.sometimes dif strains quiker than others also think patience aswel. I no these will root but jus want them quicker.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Lot of of dif ways to do things no wrong or write.sometimes dif strains quiker than others also think patience aswel. I no these will root but jus want them quicker.

Not a whole lot you can do at this point that will make much difference. Some strains take longer to root, too.

I mean like I said just keep up on changing the water and making sure the cubes don't dry out. Definitely have the vents open at all times by now. They need to get used to the atmosphere outside of their dome environment before you stick them in their final destinations otherwise they will go through transplant shock, which isn't a big deal but I try to avoid if I can.

Check the temp in the dome, too.. a little warmer in the 75-85°F range is good for faster root growth.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Forgot to say beo that these clones were took off a flowering plant . The flowering plant was 9 days into flower. This is prob why taking abit longer. I have done this many time tho and does work. Jus slower to root.

Top Bottom