10 gallon pot root bound outside & starting to flower

• Thread starter werifesteria
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
werifesteria

werifesteria

This is Eleanor. She's my first experience in growing. I just discovered yesterday that she's root bound - I had to hide her in the corner of the yard as a stranger was coming by. When I did, I saw her roots had grown out and through the cracks of my patio and into the dirt there. This morning when I stuck my finger in the soil to see if it was dry, I immediately had my finger in the roots. What to do? Won't transplanting her shock her? She is JUST starting to bud. I'm feeding her NovaGrow's Bloom about 2x/week - 4 gallons.

TIA

10 gallon pot root bound outside  starting to flower

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
This is Eleanor. She's my first experience in growing. I just discovered yesterday that she's root bound - I had to hide her in the corner of the yard as a stranger was coming by. When I did, I saw her roots had grown out and through the cracks of my patio and into the dirt there. This morning when I stuck my finger in the soil to see if it was dry, I immediately had my finger in the roots. What to do? Won't transplanting her shock her? She is JUST starting to bud. I'm feeding her NovaGrow's Bloom about 2x/week - 4 gallons.

TIA

View attachment 2023147
I think I would just let it run its course. Looks healthy and pretty.

E

Eclipted

I think I would just let it run its course. Looks healthy and pretty.
I Agree with chucky,,, maybe do some research and see if there’s anything you can add to help maintain root health.
Not sure how good this idea is but you could get a bigger pot, fill it with dirt, cut a hole in the bottom of the one she’s in, stack her pot into the new dirt and let her grow into it 🤷🏽‍♀️ not sure how effective that would be it could be a terrible idea tbh but it would be less harsh on her then transplanting would be

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

TIA

View attachment 2023147

I avoid transplanting flowering plants. I wouldn't, if I were you. Once they go into flowering you're going to get very little results in root development and you'll most likely shock the plant and may even slow down bud development.

Just let her keep going in that pot and keep feeding healthy doses of nutes as needed. So far she looks great, so keep up the good work! 🤠

werifesteria

werifesteria

I'm afraid of shocking her if I even attempt to transplant her; i have a feeling that if i did, she wouldn't put any more energy into flowering. At the base, her stem (trunk?) has a 5"± circumference and she's taller than me (I'm 5'4"). I have no idea how I'm going to trim all of this when the time comes!

Top Bottom