10 Plant DD System. 11 X 22 Space

• Thread starter Sweetestleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sweetestleaf

I will start construction at our spot today. Will take pictures when I can. I have to say this thread and the guys behind it are the best. Keep up the great work guys. 10 Plant Site. 6 1000's and 12 600's. I bought 18 cool tubes. I have a 12ft X 22 ft space. I have allready installed a split AC 32000 BTU. I have two backup Portable Ac's if needed. I have a 170 gallon Res I plan to put in a room adjacent to my main growing room. I have a Hiblow 80. I have two 1/4 HP Chillers. I will be running a sealed room with co2. Looking for the Manifold 10X for the airstones and looking for the Check valve. I have a large room next to this grow space I will be exausting light heat into. Ceilings are 13ft high.. and Im running my system as close to what Double D's is like. Would appreciate input. Thanks guys. Ill post pics today . P.S Bought all the fittings that DD recommended.

C

cacamal

I will start construction at our spot today. Will take pictures when I can. I have to say this thread and the guys behind it are the best. Keep up the great work guys. 10 Plant Site. 6 1000's and 12 600's. I bought 18 cool tubes. I have a 12ft X 22 ft space. I have allready installed a split AC 32000 BTU. I have two backup Portable Ac's if needed. I have a 170 gallon Res I plan to put in a room adjacent to my main growing room. I have a Hiblow 80 and Im running my system as close to what Double D's is like. Would appreciate input. Thanks guys. Ill post pics today . P.S Bought all the fittings that DD recommended.

sounds good cant wait for some pics:harvest:

N

noone88

Only run cooltubes on the outer lights using a manifold intake system and venting out straight up through the ceiling.

Running cooltubes and all the ducting in the inner lights is such a pain in the ass, plus reduces your ability to navigate the interior of the room.

D

doubleds

Hi there

make sure your split a/c unit is mounted as close to the middle of the room as possible, NOT AT THE ENDS. I have a friend that had all kinds of problems with the same size room you have, he mounted his mini split at the end of the room and it got to hot at the other end. he had to instll 2 x 8inch blowers to suck the cool air from the a/c side and blow it down to the other side through ducting. Make sure your chillers and res,hi blow80 are not in the same room as the plants.

good luck man, will be waiting for pics

dds

R

REGISTRD

Sounds pretty sweet.. Not sure that AC is gunna keep up though..

S

Sweetestleaf

Hi there

make sure your split a/c unit is mounted as close to the middle of the room as possible, NOT AT THE ENDS. I have a friend that had all kinds of problems with the same size room you have, he mounted his mini split at the end of the room and it got to hot at the other end. he had to instll 2 x 8inch blowers to suck the cool air from the a/c side and blow it down to the other side through ducting. Make sure your chillers and res,hi blow80 are not in the same room as the plants.

dds

dd's Thanks for the advice. The room size is actually larger but I am building the room in. How much space would you say I need on the outside perimeter of the plants. Lets say from center pole of one of the grow res's? I will be running 600's on the outside... Your humble follower .. lol Peace .

B

billybadazz

I just did a little math for you sweetest leaf and with a conservative estimate of 4000 btu of cooling needed for each 1000 watts (I've heard 5000btu in cali or other hot areas is a good estimate) and you having 6 1k's (24,000 btu of cooling) and 12 600's (28,800 btu's of cooling) thats a combined amount of 52,800 btu's needed minus your 32,000 mini split that's 20,800 btu's left to cool not counting ballasts or any other sources of heat. I noticed that you had 2 portables also but just don't want anyone learn a very expensive lesson. I also noticed DD saying to center the AC or you could theoretically install one on each end.......more expensive? YES!! but cheaper than losing even 1 of the trees you will be growing. IMO. Anyways best of luck

S

Sweetestleaf

Thanks Billy. I will be air cooling 13000 of the watts.. the 600's. I am in an area that does not get very hot .. Cali is a great place to live. Summer temps are never over 84 here. Each of my AC portables are 11k each. As it turns out I did have the Ac centered right in the middle of where the plants will be. I have also odered 6 Hi Speed floor blowers for vertical cooling. Has anyone heard of a chillers being used to cool the air in an air cooled system? Thanks guys

S

Sweetestleaf

Some pics guys. Ill get more of the room as it finishes up. Long day today lol. Oh Yeah the babies are SFV OGK BX1 from Cali Connection.. Swerve. And OgRaskals OG. Peace

Acpic
Fittings
Hi80pic
Tubpic
Ogpics
S

Sweetestleaf

Need Help on Better Layout DD MPB System

:headbang
Hi there

dds

Just a little update. Room ended up being 18 X 24. I think we will be dropping to 8 plants in two rows 6= 600 watt cool tubes, 1 = 1000 watt cool tubes. X= plants. We can throw in another 1000w maybe 2 of them somewhere in here . Would appreciate input on a better layout. Thanks guys.
6 6
6X1X6
6X1X6
6X1X6
6X1X6
6 6

Latest posts

Top Bottom