10' x 10' MPB room build

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

Build is looking great, bro. That lounge area will be great come trim time :)

At first glance, your ventilator looks like turn tables lol.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
incredible thread - just got done reading the whole deal! cant wait to see some girls in here!

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Your hard work and mindful planning really show in the room TF!

:character0029:.. That would be me all day in that room with those sexy ladies.

F

FreshSteppin

UpdateTime

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Killin' it as usual TF! Pure dedication and hard work... :whew I can't wait to see these rooms filled with lovely ladies...

F

FreshSteppin

Nice thats what Im talkin about. Lookin good.
nice drywall work

should be a stellar setup

J

jakew215

thats an operation right there. damn.

you have someone helping to rock the ceilings? im still trying to figure out how to swing that one with my 110lbs gf.

i can let my friend help me but thats another person on top of my electrician that know im growing...

its legal and all, just dont want no trouble.

and are those vents heading outside?

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Wow!!!

This is one amazing set-up. I think i know something until i find people like you that go above and beyond anything i've ever seen. I've been a soil grower for years but have always wanted to give hydro a shot. I think i know the route i'll take when i do now. Thanks man, u kick ass!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shady,
Thanks as always. With any luck, I hope to have life in there within a month.

Freshsteppin,
Drywall is dusty, but not too hard to do.

Jake,
The secret to the ceilings is to rent a drywall lift from homey d's. Ran about $36. You should be able to manage using one of those.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Oops,
The ducts do not run outside, except for the light cooling.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
thats an operation right there. damn.

you have someone helping to rock the ceilings? im still trying to figure out how to swing that one with my 110lbs gf.

been there - done that.
you can throw 1/2" on the ceiling, it's lighter . . . and if that's still too much, cut the sheets down to 4'x4'. have a screw already on the tip of your drywall screwgun and have the gun staged on the top of the ladder so as soon as you both have the board in place you can grab the gun and push a screw into your end . . . then quickly push a couple screws into her end (as she is likely screaming at you that it's too heavy). if you have it all planned out well she'll only have to hold it up for about 5 seconds.

btw, typically green board is used on walls and white on the ceiling. if you use green on the ceiling, the ceiling joists should be 12"oc. reportedly, green board on the ceiling is more prone to sagging.

Papa

J

jakew215

been there - done that.
you can throw 1/2" on the ceiling, it's lighter . . . and if that's still too much, cut the sheets down to 4'x4'. have a screw already on your drywall screwgun and staged on the top of the ladder so as soon as you both have the board in place you can push a screw into your end . . . then get another onto the gun fast and push a couple screws into her end before she drops it. if you have it all planned out well she'll only have to hold it up for about 5 seconds.

btw, typically green board is used on walls and white on the ceiling. if you use green on the ceiling the ceiling joists should be 12"oc. reportedly, green board on the ceiling is more prone to sagging.

Papa

great great info thank you very much...

and the ceiling joists are 12' centers right now. i was planning on using the mold resistant sheet rock. should i avoid this on the ceiling for the sagging reason...

ill probably rent a sheet rock lift like tf said, this sounds easier.

sorry for the thread jack TF... =(

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Papa,
All my drywall is 5/8. I can't dream that my ceiling with 16" centers will allow for any appreciable sag. Maybe not to some areas building codes, but plenty good for the likes of me.
Jake,
No thread-jacking problem here. We are all talking about building a room here. Questions and different opinions are all welcome.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Hell yeah TF, as that "food" place says, "I'm lovin' it!" haha.

Can't wait to see the grow show you rock in this set up.
Giddeon

F

FreshSteppin

fuck it man i did my whole room with 1/4 in on my entire room. works just fine. 5/8 is so excessive. its a grow room not an apartment complex

sedate

sedate

TF do you have a master plan drawn up somewhere or how do you plan what you do next?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
TF, like FS says, it's only a grow room. i've heard that the reason for 12"oc specs is because in high humidity it'll sag . . . but that may be so minimal that you or i would never see it . . . but when building multi-million $ projects we follow the specs and throw white board onto the ceiling.

i use 5/8" also, because sound is always an issue for me and it'll help deaden it over thinner stuff. and i also surface mount the electrical as much as possible to eliminate holes that sound can sneak through.

drywall lifts are the bomb . . . but there's the hassle of driving to the rental yard to pick it up and then driving to the rental yard to return it. if it's only a few sheets i talk the mrs into helping . . . but mine has deltoids, which makes it doable.

Papa

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Giddeon, thanks man, all quality meds, hold the special sauce.

Headgrow, thanks as well.

Sedate, just basic floorplan sketches, and lots of pads with to do lists.

Freshsteppin, never heard of 1/4" drywall. They possibly use that in mobile homes? I wouldn't dream of cutting corners on that. First for the insulation, second for the noise.

And NO, this is not just a grow room. This is my personal home lab, built how I would like it. And if you know me, overkill is the name of the game. Sorry, a little OCD here. Just can't help myself.

Top Bottom