10' x 10' MPB room build

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Socachi

TF man that's a sweet lookin setup, glad you posted more pics. Sucks about the clones and the 2 diff dispensaries being closed. PO's been on and off in the past. But you got some good beans. Keep the updates coming, lovin the pics.

E

easypleasie

Those two might not have rooted yet. If it were me, I would try to pull them out of the rockwool...carefully! If they haven't rooted at all, they will pull out really easily. You might have to re-cut the clones to give them a better chance. Might just be easier to get some new cuts though lol. Tell em you want to see some roots!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I have just been spraying them with water now. I was just so paranoid about critters, after I got spider mites on my last run. If I end up getting more, I will wait till they are a little older, before I start spraying them.

I wouldn't have taken them looking like that, except that I really wanted to try that blackberry og, they were the best 6, and I figured that I didn't have too many other options for something quick, so I went with them. Not next time.

S

Socachi

Pop those beans TF, get some moms goin and screw the worry of gettin bad clones, bugs or pm. Been there done that myself with the pm from clones. Shit spread to my entire grow.

Taedon83

Taedon83

Yeah I agree with using your killer beans even though you could bang out a crop before you pick a pheno, which i'm guessing you are going for. after 2 years of clone hunting in the bay area dispensary scene I've managed to obtain and spread most diseases and PM to any new plant that comes in.. Only 1 thing to do.. kill em all. i'm just now going back to beans (if they everarrive) starting fresh, sealing up.

Even the killer clubs like HHCOAK that deal with fantastic nurseries and genetics will share a shelf with an entire tray covered in PM or bugs... No clone is safe in those high traffic areas imo.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/test2/DSCN3542.jpg

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/test2/DSCN3578.jpg

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/test2/DSCN3577.jpg

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/test2/DSCN3595.jpg

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/test1/DSCN3937.jpg

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/test1/DSCN3940.jpg

aight.... this was back in the day when i thought growing in a cab would be cool or something? lol anywho... the whole box is insulated. polyshield and foamboard x 2 all around. one sheet is 1/2" thick and another sheet was 3/8" thick? hell i cant remember way back in the day.

coated it with the redgard, i think i coated it twice just to call my bro's bluff (one of my bro's who be building houses and doing bathrooms put me on this shit....he swears by wont stop talkin bout the shit)...

So, I, like you Trichome, is anal about that color...it had to go. So i painted over it (yea, its paintable)... then i kept the bottom half blacked out... and attached panda film starting from half all the way up, all around the cab.... (didnt wanna whore your thread up unless it was a USEFUL pic, that woulda been useless :P ) anywhooooo you see what im getting at.

Cant remember how tall the 'curb' was, but it was enough for a good 20-30 gallons, thas for sure.

Plus i had stuffed a 1k in that box so i used an icebox to tame temps... had to make sure i had some type of water protection.

i can honestly say that Red Gard is the shit... i read the instructions, which i didnt before cuz when one of ya bros tell ya to go get some shit, ya go get it cuz you know his word is bond... but i started reading the instructions not too long ago.... and noticed it said it can be used for a shower pan type of deal.... lol. I couldnt agree more... this stuff is the tits. When you can throw ice and some beers in the bottom of ya grow box, and shit stays hella cold and no leaks.... how can ya complain? :party0044:

A lil pricey, but worth every penny. Also, dont let some of the stores rape you on pricing, goto Homedepot if they arent price gauging...

i love when i see people using shit outside of the proverbial box it was made for, my boy is a tile contractor and i have been in construction for 12yrs, he turned me onto redguard years sgo he found the product after he got tired of making shower pans props bro for using it

S

strawD

are those ballasts and bulbs all new? how long have you ran them together? I've heard bad things about digi ballasts w/ horti bulbs, and i thought i read somewhere someone wanted to use the dual arc bulbs so decided to stick with magnetic ballasts. I have 2 600w digi ballasts, 1 horti bulb 1 ushio the horti's been fine for about 6 mo's the ushio quit after 2.5. this goes to show every persons individual ballasts, bulbs, and power supply are different. Hope this works for you! i'll be setting up something in the future with 1000w's, and hope that this bulb/ballast combo works because thats what i wanna run.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Only tested the 1k hortilux's so far in the big room. The 600 lumatek I have run before with a hortilux ups, no prob. I will let you guys know if the bulb and ballet combo screws up.

E

easypleasie

I really wanna see those dual arcs work in a vertical setup with digis. I'd like to add some mh to the mix at the beginning and end. I'll follow your lead is if all goes well!

B

bdakind

i cant wait to see those girls, I just popped some blackwater myself..

F

freelove7

Yield?

I have looked at over a hundred builds, and this is the best one so far. It's so well planed, you must be a builder and an engineer.

I was wondering how many plants are you going to grow and what sort of yield do you expect monthly? Do you have any drawing or plans that you could post?

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Taedon83

Taedon83

I think even most builders and engineers wouldn't have as much attention to detail. Thats just a personal attribute.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I do build things, but not houses and such. I am more of a custom shop kinda builder.

5 plants is what the flowering room is built for. Yeilds? Dunno.
Some others with far more experience than me have hit over 8 with that setup.
5 would be great for a first time in my opinion.

Freshsteppin was absolutely right. Little clones are not ready for a heavy pyrethrum treatment. Gotta pick up some new ones this weekend.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Hey brother, nice work on the veg. room. medical grade for sure. The plumbing looks super clean. Just a heads up on your dripper manifold. I had about 10 of them in the 4's and 8's. Took them all out. The adjustable ones clog and you'll strip the top screw trying to loosen them up to get the water flowing again. They also leak quit a bit. Since then they've been replaced with the 6 gallon and 20 gallon gph non-adjustable kind and I'm much happier.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The 4 head is new for me. I was just gonna run it wide open. It looked neat with the adjustment. I originally was just looking for a 4 head, and found that one. I will look some more. The 12 heads I haw run before with little problems (as long as you remove the drip plugs from the inside). Thanks for the tip.

-TF

Papa

Papa

Supporter
'looking sweet TF!

i assume you rigged the lamps to raise and lower. how bout some pics of how this works?

Papa

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Papa,
Thanks man!
The flowering room cool tubes raise and lower with those ratcheting pulleys. They are pretty sweet. Veg room is just old school jack chain, at least for now.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update time

Well,
it has been an good kick in the crotch so far. But that is ok, cause I need to get through any major issues now, and not later. The shock that the clones received from the pyrethrum was too much to handle. Some lasted longer than others, all are gone now. I also learned that my AC (goddamn portable) in the veg and lounge are not cutting the mustard (temps outside hit 108). Screwed up on MBP 101. NEVER GO CHEAP ON THE AC OR CHILLER! So, I put a wall unit into my veg room, to get me by. I really should get another split ac for those rooms, but I just didn't want another big unit outside. 2 AC's for a small structure seems odd. I may have to give in anyway someday. Anyhow, here was my solution.

Cut big F'n hole in wall:

IMG 1672

Built housing for wall mount AC out of 3/4" MDF. Dynamat Xtreme lining the whole box. Small duct helper fan in picture definitely did not work out well for extreme hot weather. Added a 6" Vortex fan inline, and handled it better.

IMG 1673

Just built a custom front for the AC, while I was at it. Used a regular house AC filter to keep the dust out.

IMG 1681

AC fit perfectly above the door. Cleaned it up on the inside with a little more aluminum tape. Outside still is not finished yet....

IMG 1694

IMG 1693

Wrapped the ducts, to keep down on the heat radiation. Adjustable turnbuckles for angle of the unit.

IMG 1695

Also for my flower room, I finished off my co2 gen and sulfur burner mount. Added a bit of aluminum plate, as a heat shield, to help with the melting potential.

IMG 1687

IMG 1688

And, finished off my sentinal. I rigged up 4 individual outlets in the flowering room to patch through to the 4 outlets below the sentinal controller. That way I can patch through there any way I need to.

IMG 1686

At this point I am running my room on to see that I am within operating temps, so I can then get another batch of ladies and we will give that another go.

-TF

aleYarok

aleYarok

fucking heat here has been redic!!!
our neighborhoood lost power for like 4 hours right when lights where about to come on the other day! although i heard in socal some where w/o power for 12-18 hours? that scares the shit of me!

as always nice work tf

Top Bottom