100% coco?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

I have been growing in Chow Mix for the last year or so. Its such a PITA to wash and mix that I have been thinking about just going 100% coco. is there any drawbacks to this? Anything I should do differently?

TIA

GG

T

tragic johnson

i have been running 100% canna coco in buckets in one section of my grow and i have noticed that the pure coco buckets hold moisture a full day longer then any soil buckets i have and almost two days longer then the 50-50 mix of the two

P

paperplane

If I were to recommend a Coco I would say Botanicare Ready-Gro Aeriation Formula or HP Pro Mix w/ mycro. They are both very light, and allows for daily waterings. As far as reusing coco I just buy new bags. Not worth having a problem a next run.

E

eircsmith

I have been growing in Chow Mix for the last year or so. Its such a PITA to wash and mix that I have been thinking about just going 100% coco. is there any drawbacks to this? Anything I should do differently?

TIA

GG
Oh Yes Coco coir is just fine or you can use ash, sand, leaves as mixture. But definitely coco coir is the best.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
ive been using coco for a long time and ive had the best results with about 20% chunky perlite.
I also put hydroton on the bottom for better drainage fwiw.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like straight coir, but it gets expensive doing things that way, so I 'cut' it with rice hulls, around 33%. They never float to the top like perlite, are renewable, and sustainable as an ag byproduct. They break down very slowly, and when they do can provide potassium and silica, again, slowly. They also make the mix much lighter, which makes pots easier to carry (I only use coir for indoor cultivation, where I really need that rapid growth, outside I have the whole summer) for me, which is really helpful given my back and all.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Well I went 100% coco and I have to say I like it! So far I have seen no difference than the chow mix other than the amount of time it takes to wash all the hydroton. Thanks for all the helpful advise.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They also make the mix much lighter, which makes pots easier to carry for me, which is really helpful given my back and all.

I just messed up my back (working a 9-5) a week ago, it sucks. I put my plants on a raceway table just before it happened hehe so no more lifting pots.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Injured on the job back in '02. They wanted to cut me, I said FU-HUCK YOU! Smoke it to mah head. It's time for a joint right about now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Injured on the job back in '02. They wanted to cut me, I said FU-HUCK YOU! Smoke it to mah head. It's time for a joint right about now.

I ain't go to a Dr. and I hope its not permanent :eek: I should be back to normal in a few weeks

Sorry, we can get back to the original topic.

I'm gonna use coco for my next run, 12 seeds and I might toss in 6 clones to fill my 6'x4' canopy with less veg time. Was gonna mix the coir with perlite 50/50, but now I've been thinking of using straight coco in smaller buckets. I think the only coco my hydro shop has is Botanicare w/30% perlite, so I'll probably just use that or get the bricks online if I wanna use 100% coir. Not sure yet, any suggestions??

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

i have been running 100% canna coco in buckets in one section of my grow and i have noticed that the pure coco buckets hold moisture a full day longer then any soil buckets i have and almost two days longer then the 50-50 mix of the two

What size buckets are you using and how big/old are the plants??

Top Bottom