$1000 Tent Budget

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

lots of bad info in this thread.mars is complete garbage.spent the extra money on quality led like rootbound said
this will spank it in a 4 x 4 tent
any 315w cmh will also spank it in that size tent ,as logic has already mentioned .and the 315w cmh is def under budget,low heat high quality light.
Agreed lighting probably the most important thing wouldn't go with junk there.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I am talking about the cree cob 3590 leds fixture. I ran 3, and 5 watt fixtures before and they produce alot more heat than the cree cob 3590 fixture.
I don't see how you could go wrong with a Cree cob. I'm just talking about staying away from those cheap Chinese 10-watt LED

1816 House

1816 House

Those are really nice kits/assemblies. The little extras he puts on ( Pot., waterproof interconnects, fused AC cord, pre assembled wiring, shrink tubing) are above and beyond most commercial products/ kits.
Not cheap, but aren't overpriced for what you get including labor.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

There is no doubt those cobs are kick ass. I guess I'm just stuck in the old ways and I cannot help but mix them up with cheap old school shit LOL.

Sure, less expensive lights can most certainly produce to a certain extent. so it depends on what a grower is going for. If the grower just wants a closet setup to grow a couple plants for personal use, then less expensive is probably for you. My first grow, I used a light that was fairly expensive ($600) and produced only about 8oz from 4 plants where I had a few main kolas in the middle directly under the light. after switching to a COB array, I literally have a fairly even sea of Kolas across 6 plants and all I've changed really is the lights.

The point I'm poorly trying to make is, you pick the light depending on budget, realistic result goal, space...
I'm guessing (knowing what I know now), I could put together a pretty kick ass 4 X 4 setup for $1000 if I built things myself and shopped around.

1816 House

1816 House

The point I'm poorly trying to make is, you pick the light depending on budget, realistic result goal, space...
I'm guessing (knowing what I know now), I could put together a pretty kick ass 4 X 4 setup for $1000 if I built things myself and shopped around.
Yea, I'm pricing a 2-COB build right now, rather than get that 2nd .99 Roleando from Amazon.
So, $40 more, some scrap metal, cord and labor, I get a kickass light vs. mystery components. That 140mm heatsink ( 5.5 inches) has pass thru holes to get the wires back topside, or you can save a few bucks on 120mm without that.
I know if I don't do this, I'll ragret it later.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Yea, I'm pricing a 2-COB build right now, rather than get that 2nd .99 Roleando from Amazon.
So, $40 more, some scrap metal, cord and labor, I get a kickass light vs. mystery components. That 140mm heatsink ( 5.5 inches) has pass thru holes to get the wires back topside, or you can save a few bucks on 120mm without that.
I know if I don't do this, I'll ragret it later.

check out RapidLED.com for their prices on COB frames. it turned out to be a little more expensive than building a frame out of aluminum angle but the rapid frame allows you to add more COBs later, really easy to put together(no holes to drill), comes with all the screws, and looks really slick. You can also use the promo code growmau5 for an added 5% off and they have a first time promo of 20% off I believe ... Anyway, just an idea };-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom