1000 W Cmh

• Thread starter UncleRomulus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

who would a woodchuck chuck

• Total voters
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

yo. Anybody using a 1k cmh? I am wondering what to expect as far as yield. From what little I have seen about em, I feel I could just hang it high in a 8x8 space and hang 800-1200 watts worth o cobs around the edges. Bad idea? Good idea? Holler at your uncle bout it. Keep in mind half the year is like this where I’m at

1000 w cmh
3 balls

3 balls

yo. Anybody using a 1k cmh? I am wondering what to expect as far as yield. From what little I have seen about em, I feel I could just hang it high in a 8x8 space and hang 800-1200 watts worth o cobs around the edges. Bad idea? Good idea? Holler at your uncle bout it. Keep in mind half the year is like this where I’m at
I'm interested in this as well. I thought 1000W CMH was going to take over the market and then they fell off the map. I see discontinued a lot. I'm wondering if there was a fire hazard discovered at the last minute or something. I managed to get a Cultilux 4K at my hydro store, but when I tried to buy more I was told they were no longer available.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

You can get em online still and cheap. I swear folks don’t use em. Cause they are too obscene. I was interested in the 500 w as well but I can’t even get bulbs looks like
Honestly everyone just gets 315 s cause they are awesome but I’d like to just hang a 1 k high and be a lunatic.. I d rather do 315 s as opposed to 630 s for better distribution if I give in to not going crazy...
I'm interested in this as well. I thought 1000W CMH was going to take over the market and then they fell off the map. I see discontinued a lot. I'm wondering if there was a fire hazard discovered at the last minute or something. I managed to get a Cultilux 4K at my hydro store, but when I tried to buy more I was told they were no longer available.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I feed them manually with a fish pump from a 200l res.. have all the hoses numbered so it’s plug and play.
You could do a manifold with all hoses hooked to it and open and close each valve? Like the kind you see on big air pumps but bigger.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I see people using 315 CMH a lot around here now. 4 of them would light up an 8x8 perfectly I think despite the lower wattage. People running them just love them. But they're pricey.

Or you could hang a single double ended gavita to light the whole place. Though, I do prefer several points of light to reduce shading and get light deeper into the plants. Which is why I settled on 2 x 1000w hortilux HPS. Works well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I see people using 315 CMH a lot around here now. 4 of them would light up an 8x8 perfectly I think despite the lower wattage. People running them just love them. But they're pricey.

Or you could hang a single double ended gavita to light the whole place. Though, I do prefer several points of light to reduce shading and get light deeper into the plants. Which is why I settled on 2 x 1000w hortilux HPS. Works well.

315 only cover a 3x3 area. Need 6-8 for an 8x8.

I would use 3 to match 2 600 hps. But preferably 2 hps to 1 cmh when i tested.

Nugg

Nugg

Oh I agree..you have to use both to get the right spectrums... that's why I switched to led...still sounds like ppl.are confused about there lights..js

Nugg

Nugg

What to expect for yields depends on strain,scog..but I read 1g.per watt....I grow led but..if I was to switch back...I'd run 2 1000w hps in bloom ..hell I'd even run 2 1000w MH in veg..looks like you could use the heat.

Top Bottom