1000 watt in a 4x5x6 tall area heat problems

• Thread starter zooted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zooted

So i created a bubble out of milar a stick on zipper and high heat duct tape on one side and water proof duct tape on the other. The intake is a 6 inch sunleaves duct fan (not their nice fan) and I have an 8 inch hood with lense, 1000watt and a 8 inch sunleaves wind tunnel fan. a small charcoal filter about 13 inches long and 8 inch flanges.

So the idea was to have a negative presure idea...but keeep the hood out of the grow room. My idea was it produces heat. to i attached the roof of the "bubble" and sandwiched it inside the lense. basically the bubble gets taller if the hood is raised up.

so basically the hood vents into the cealing and inbetween the hood and filter is my 8inchwind tunnel fan.
the sunleaves 6 inch vents below basically sitting on the ground and pulls air from my bedroom into the closet grow.
It looked amazing and wonderful until i turned the system on. The problem was the hot air got trapped inside and inflates the baloon to large sizes, i have to keep the zipper open to release the heat. So i made a 1 foot by 6 inch filter lined hole above the charcoal filter for air to be pushed out ...but it only dropped temps to mid 90's (like 94 all the time) I have 4 12 inch ocilating fans and two tiny fans blowing up into the air inside. Do you think i will lower my temps by making a larger hole in the roof of the bubble for more air to escape? it seems i just dont want to cut even more of my hard worked project up.

Do most people prefer air conditioners with 1000 watts? I was thinking though it is a 4x6x8 foot closet i was on the borderline but I want to make this work without a airconditioner

M

med.botany

yeah i think that with pulling the hot air outta the light, oscillating fans pushing warm air out and you're still having heat problems....i'd get a lil AC unit up in there...good luck with it man..love to see some photos

Top Bottom