• Tagged users None
M

MADISM

Which reflector would you use?
Air cooled 6inch flange
or an air cooled 8inch flange?

M

made402

I use a 6 on my 1k works great-I guess it depends what the flange is on your fan and how much air youre lookin to move.

Greyskull

Greyskull

i just bought a couple of super sun 2s to replace the cool suns i was using....
have a 6"ho can fan oulling air thru them.
one of the best reflectors on the market , and probably the smallest.

D

~DR.GREENTHUMB~

I personally use the "GROWSTAR" shades. These shades blast 1000w lights to the next level. No other shade on the market are comparable. They're not air-cooled though. If I was to go air-cooled it would be the "Silver Star" -8in duct- shades.

G

GroHi

If you don't mind tinkering a little (rotozip will suffice), then would recommend using a Cooltube along with the Adjust-A-Wings... will need to adapt the CT to fit the AAW... some simple metal cutting and rigging w metal screws...

The AAW is by & by far the best horizontal reflector I've seen up & running. My buddy has one & his footprint is super wide... pretty cool. The cool tube will allow you to vent it is all. BTW, the AAW & it's spreader may reduce "hot spots" but the bulb still produces all the heat, so venting is likely necessary.

I'm vertical personally, so an 8" CT is all that is used... something to think on perhaps. Peace!

D

dr_seuss125

Where can u buy those "GROWSTAR" shades online??? every time i see them i just drool,

true grit

true grit

Considered just getting a cool tube and hangin vert? Just a thought....I know folks on here have me sold on it!

G

growlife

i have some cool tubes but u got my vote on the magnun xxxl 8 that is my next hood for sure

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I for one am a big fan of the XXL Magnum hoods.. Im currently using 6" air cooled.. Biggest foot print available. I have run super suns 2's in the past. I think the XXL Magnum out performs the super sun 2

:passingjoint:

GTD

B

Brer Rabbit

Have you ever considered using Liquid Lumens Hydroflector?

K

KindSmoker

I am running 2k in Magnum XXL's with the 6 inch flange,air cooling works great and the footprint is huge! However,i will say that if you don't really need a huge footprint the SuperSun II will work great for you at a much cheaper price.

J

Jalisco Kid

a naked vert bulb, use your money and buy another light,if you can handle the heat. JK

H

HB Dave

They say bigger is better, but I use a 6" with a glass enclosed hood.

20north

super sun 2 is most productive with lumen out put and even distribution ... its a 6inch i think tho

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
the Ocho is what they call it:) the 8 inch avail in the XXL Magnum..

I think the super sun2 is a very good hood, no doubt... The hot spot that is puts off center wise is a lil intense imo.. Much to concentrated in the direct center where the XXL disperses it without the hotspot that the sunsystem 2 puts off..

Ive ran both hoods..2 of the XXL's are married for a 4x8 table. They will out perform the sunystem 2 hoods considerably

:passingjoint:

GTD

Latest posts

Top Bottom