1000 watt test

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I wanted to try a test of two different "Premium" 1000 watt bulbs...HiLux Gro 1000red, Horilux 1000eye, or solarmax 1000 up against Sunmaster 1000superhighdeluxe(which I already have 2)..I would grow 5OG Larrys or OG Tahoe's under each. Use an Ebb and Gro system so everything else is the same(ie nutes/supp), same ballasts and reflectors..etc...Just the bulbs are different.
Does anyone have a preference on the bulb tested, and way. Also any suggestion to keeping this somewhat scientific?
I will be useing a SCROG(to the best of my ability..It will be the first time useing the SCROG method)...

E

edux10

what is the price diff. in those 2 bulbs?

Oh, and the ebb and grow system seems like a good way to keep it all on the same page.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

what is the price diff. in those 2 bulbs?

I went to 3 different online stores..For the most part the price difference is between 5-10 dollars a piece.
Solarmax being the pricest(normally), followed by the Horlix..Sunmaster was the cheapest, but like I said they are all basically the same price(69-89dollar range depending on the site)

P

PureSugar

Personally I'd like to see a dual arc vs. HPS test. I'm running both right now but not in a very contolled enviroment. Same lumatek ballasts but different reflectors. I did pick an even plant mix from 2 mothers for each light, but that's about it.

Right now 3 weeks in to flower, the dual arc plants are noticeably larger.

*NOTE the dual arc is on its second run, the HPS is new. Both bulbs are Hortilux brand

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I decided to go with the Hortilux(they were on sale...)...It looks like I will be using to different brands of ballasts. We have 2 nextgen w/magXXXL 6", and 2 yield master II..Each ballast will get one of each bulb...We will be growing 3 OG Larrys, 3 Banana OG's, and 3 Chem Valley OGs(plus others) under each...I might start a grow journal, but since this is my first time doing indoor I am not sure how interesting it will be, and it might end poorly(God Forbid...and 3 people w/cancer, 2with fibromyalgia[one also has Lupus] wont be very pleased with me either)...Take care

Latest posts

Top Bottom