katelyn

Wondering if anyone has ever used one like this? @Seamaiden

1000w 100 10w led bulb grow light
1000w 100 10w led bulb grow light 2
1000w 100 10w led bulb grow light 3
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
That looks a bit close to have that 5watt chip led light to your seedlings. I like to keep my lights 4 or 5 feet away until they get about 5 inches tall, then I lower it to about 18 to 24 inches away.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I think those are 10 watts, that he states.
Yeah def move up that light. From my experience Leds keeps your veg plants real tight , and that was using a 14 watt led panel 12 inches away from seedlings. so a 1ker light on those babies be a bit much.

katelyn

katelyn

Thabk
That looks a bit close to have that 5watt chip led light to your seedlings. I like to keep my lights 4 or 5 feet away until they get about 5 inches tall, then I lower it to about 18 to 24 inches away.
thanks. They dont strech? Good success with similar light?

katelyn

katelyn

I think those are 10 watts, that he states.
Yeah def move up that light. From my experience Leds keeps your veg plants real tight , and that was using a 14 watt led panel 12 inches away from seedlings. so a 1ker light on those babies be a bit much.
Ya there is 100 10w bulbs

Bannacis

Bannacis

the 50 watter would prolly be best at start, too much too early can burn em up...

I seen in your profile ya asking about Cotton candy?
In 2002 I had the original From Federation Seed bank, Federation is different now.
Not sure if what your referring is the same. But it was one of my best. real thick smoke tasty and sweet and smooth. stoney. easy to grow. 8 weeks.

Last edited:
katelyn

katelyn

the 50 watter would prolly be best at start, too much too early can burn em up...

In 2002 I had the original From Federation Seed bank, Federation is different now.
Not sure if what your referring is the same. But it was one of my best. real thick smoke tasty and sweet and smooth. stoney. easy to grow. 8 weeks.
First grow i did was cottoncandy. Wasnt an autoflower plant though. Was good sweet stuff though. Honestly the plants look great about 4 inches tall under that light3feet away. All ive used is led light nesides regular old tube lights. Have u used hps and mh..and used led light and seen significant change?

Not sure were the cottoncandy strain came from but grown in maine

Bannacis

Bannacis

First off...whatever is working for you, keep it up. Anything you read on this site is always somebodies opinion.
What works for some does not mean it will work for you.
That being said...
The Cotton Candy I grew was before fems or auto seeds. I got some fems from Bomb seeds that I like.
I grew mine out with a 150watt hps street light. in a large cardboard 4'x4'x7' box. Did very good.
Leds allow me to use them thru whole grow.
I would like to be able to use all the different types of lights at same time. they all have a diff spectrum to offer.
Mh is blue, normally for veg. Hps is red, normally for flower. Some use other way around and both at same time.
The hps in veg caused some stretching between internodes...good to know if you have the tight internodes bush going on.
A few years back I ordered a 12"x12" led panel 288 leds (blue/red) and only 14 watts. I love this panel for seedlings, it's low power and good spectrum to start...no heat at all. Keeps them short and plush.
I prefer leds over fluorescents to start and veg. but if I had the means and place I would use leds hps and mh and floro's.

katelyn

katelyn

Thanks good info... Also planted 4 seeds in 1 pot see what i can form out of that should ne interesting..theae are the babies under the 1k light 3 feet above...

20161205 102653
katelyn

katelyn

So far so good 9 at 11 days looking like this one...i belive the 9 are blue cookie strain autos...

20161211 125421
katelyn

katelyn

ur gonna melt ur cups no need for light lik that for a couple of wks or until a few sets of leaves!!!
Well its 3 feet away and they havent melted lol. They are growing better then any ive sprouted under my 50 w beg light

katelyn

katelyn

Day 14...day 7 for the 4 in 1 pot...see what i can create with that

20161214 102011
Bannacis

Bannacis

Notice the stretch? Light is too far away. You can lower it, but be careful with the higher wattage... with a lower wattage light you can get it closer to limit stretch but not have the worries of being too much to harm babies.

katelyn

katelyn

Notice the stretch? Light is too far away. You can lower it, but be careful with the higher wattage... with a lower wattage light you can get it closer to limit stretch but not have the worries of being too much to harm babies.
Yes. Did lowee it from about 3 feet down to about 2 feet or 18 inches and also set up 50 w led above the ones u see really trying to strech. Also those are not autoflowers the reat are autos

katelyn

katelyn

7 days into flower. Adding a 150w hos then in 2 weeks buying a 600w hps and removing the 150 for veg. For 106 dollar china light these girls look preatty decent. There gonna love a 600w hps. Pistols popping up all over now day7. What yall think

20170115 214550
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can get a digital hygrometer/thermometer for less than 20$ that logs daily high and low temp/humidity. It helps to regulate night temps and see if you have any temp spikes.

Top Bottom