1000W? and ???'s on Secret Jardin Setup - Fresher

• Thread starter Kingston12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kingston12

Hello - New to the forum and growing. Legit patient in CA with real state license looking to start growing (sound familiar?). The coop's are getting some great shit lately, so more of a hobby setup until I learn more. But not sure if I can match the top fire for now.

I am having a tough time on deciding on 600 vs 1000 with a dimmable digital ballast. Any thoughts? Live in SO Ca, by the Ocean, so heat not a big problem.

So far, my major components are as follows:

Secret Jardin Dark Room Pro DR120 II Grow Tent

1000W Lumatek Digital Ballast - 120/240V - Any better digital ballasts?

1000 HPS Lumatek High PAR Bulb - 145,000

Magnum XXXL Reflector - 6" Air Cooled - Is this a good choice?

Vortex 6" Centrifugal Fan 449 cfm

Thoughts on Hydo system for about 8 plants - ease doesn't matter, I want quality output.

Any thoughts on this setup? I don't know too much about this yet, still learning. The money is not a problem, but want to get the best setup I can get into the Jardin for now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks and respect.

420Gator

420Gator

great choices. im not a dro guy but pretty sure a flood table would be awesome under the magnum

good luck

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i had to dr 150s with 8 inch mangum xxxls in them with 1k bulbs. i dont think that hood is suitable for the tent as it spreads a very wide pattern and the dr 150 only is 4'7". I would go with one of the smaller air cooled hoods that penetrate deeper so you can get the most out of your tent. cuz with a tent you really cant move your plants around as your foot print is locked in. and with the magnum xxxl you can see most of your light gets sent right to the sides of the tent

I

ibTheMan

thats a good list of stuff, i like it all. you can use a 600w bulb or 1000w bulb if your Lumatek ballast is dim-able.

K

Kingston12

How about the Raptor?

i had to dr 150s with 8 inch mangum xxxls in them with 1k bulbs. i dont think that hood is suitable for the tent as it spreads a very wide pattern and the dr 150 only is 4'7". I would go with one of the smaller air cooled hoods that penetrate deeper so you can get the most out of your tent. cuz with a tent you really cant move your plants around as your foot print is locked in. and with the magnum xxxl you can see most of your light gets sent right to the sides of the tent

Thanks for your help. I did not realize the Magnum would have the light on the sides. Any thoughts on Raptor or other choices. Thanks.

Top Bottom