1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, I have been watching this thread for a while without participating, but I have really loved this thread. It was a great comparison grow and really showed the potential for both lights. I did some quick math and came up with some numbers. With the COBs you got 1.12 g/watt, the CMH gave you 0.97 g/w. If you assume there is a 25% upgrade to 1000 Watts and the yield increased by the same percentage you would have had 1120 grams, 40 ounces. I think you have shown that LEDs have really become as efficient, if not more so, than HID lighting. I would love to see this run again and see if the results remain consistent.

F

FutureGrower

Lol honestly I am more impressed by the CMH! LEDs are expensive up front and if you can point to a new grower and tell them to pick this up, if it gets a little cheaper it would be the starting place for me to recommend lighting to starters...

Anyhow @heisenbubble is the man for sharing these results!

Farmer P

Farmer P

We know cobs are more efficient but now we need a quality report. Plus the numbers sometimes lie. If the cmh gave out more marketable buds vs larf then we may have to declare them the winner. Plus like FutureGrower points out the startup costs and setup labor/knowhow on the cobs may be too much for many growers. I'm using a single 315 in a 3x4 closet and have been thinking of switching to cobs so the more info the better. I'm thinking either 4 or 6 cxb's would do great in there and maybe put out less heat.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Bag appeal; always better with hid but I see the market upswing with good quality leds leading the charge!

Top Bottom