1000w for 2x4 space?

• Thread starter fukwitit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fukwitit

fukwitit

is a 1000watt hps to much for a 2x4 space? no fan in hood only 1 fan curculating

MoodySass

MoodySass

I'm certainly no pro, so don't take my word for it, but i'm pretty sure that's too much. Heat would be an issue too I think. But let's hear what others have to say. :cat: :cat:

SunGrown

SunGrown

yes, way too much

if you have no way to cool or ventilate look into good quality compact high output florescent, or better yet led

I am NOT experienced with led...set up some ventilation in that 2x4 and I can help you out

fukwitit

fukwitit

would just a fan blowi.g on it b not enough?
yes, way too much

if you have no way to cool or ventilate look into good quality compact high output florescent, or better yet led

I am NOT experienced with led...set up some ventilation in that 2x4 and I can help you out

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I have 1k in a 6x 8 room with central air ran into it and a fan and im getting up to 90 sometimes so yes heat will be an issue gotta have some air circulating

SunGrown

SunGrown

would just a fan blowi.g on it b not enough?

I answered that question and I will help you but you have to be flexible when you ask questions!

If you can not vent the hood OR run a lot of ac, a thouie will heat that room up way too much

do you have a pic of the space?

Just go turn the thouie on with the fan on it and shut the door with a thermometer in there that can reach 120 or more Fahrenheit and you will see what I mean. Easy test

fukwitit

fukwitit

I answered that question and I will help you but you have to be flexible when you ask questions!

If you can not vent the hood OR run a lot of ac, a thouie will heat that room up way too much

do you have a pic of the space?

Just go turn the thouie on with the fan on it and shut the door with a thermometer in there that can reach 120 or more Fahrenheit and you will see what I mean. Easy test

IMG 20140723 195221
Puffntuff

Puffntuff

I'm rocking a 1k in a 3x4 and I'll tell you it's fucking hot!! I have it in a raptor hood with a 435cfm exhaust fan and a 5000btu ac. It gets mid 80s in there with all that. You have 0 chance of running that with out vented hood and ac 24/7

SunGrown

SunGrown

Thanks for the pic, and cool little set up! I like it

But ask @Puffntuff cause there is knowledge to be learned from a person doing exactly what you want to do

straincreation

straincreation

I keep my mom and clones in a space that size . I run a 4 bulb t5. even that Ill tell you it brings the heat, I have passive in take and a lung room that stays at about 75 80. so there is times my room hits 90s which is. I have a 6 inch 500 cfm out and a 4 inch that blows waste to my flower room. With pc fans placed strategically to move the air that comes in passively around room with a box fan and two oscilating.
So ya IMO 1000w way to much unless you got a boss ass a/c and are willing to pay to cool that. BTW what is your ceiling like? Your plants look happy but how much ceiling do you have ? Like SG said simple test will show you the issue with the heat, if you have a thouie layin around.

And unless your planning on growim every sq inch of that space 1000w is a waste if energy imo.

Totally forgot to mention I have flowered in a space just like this the same tent I use for my moms now. I ran 600w at 75% . 8 plants with a trelis and a 5 ft ceiling and I will tell you it was not fun. I just got out of that fucking hell hole of an apt now I have a 6x10 walk in closet with 10 foot ceilings thinking of doin 1200 w but fuuuuuck it hot right now. So gonna stay with one and wait till the end of august to flower.
So in the end I had to chop colas around week four and watch my ladies go threw shock cause they just didnt stop stretchin I actually jus miscalculated the stretch. First time I ever had to cut buds off mid flower. Took an extra 13 days to finish. And they did suffer from it. Hope you get something from this and I didnt just ramble.

Happy farmin;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom