1000w hps EXPLODED. w/ pics

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr. Greeny

I just had a 1000 watt dual arc explode on me a couple of weeks ago. It was the MH part the made it explode. Thankfully mine was in a glass covered hood. I am glad that yours only did the damage it did. It could of been a lot worst!

pistone1971

pistone1971

so I was at work today when the hydrofarm rep came into the shop and i started to tell him about what happened with your bulb - before I could even say what brand it was he asked me point blank if it was a plantamax...

point is he has heard of this failure plenty - said he has even seen the glass get deformed because they can get so hot and that those bulbs cost 20 bux and you get what you pay for

just thought you may want to know that - you may feel slightly vindicated that it wasnt your home made reflector (which I never thought it was personally)
My friend had a 1000watt plantamax blow up on him too. He thought he might have damaged the base of the lamp or something. I've going to be setting up 6 1000watt SolarMax on a Lumatek ballasts. Anyone had a problem with these blowing up? I hate using hoods but if this is even a remote possibility then I'll do it.

Top Bottom