• Thread starter coyote
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

smallest room for a 1000w hps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

coyote

Is it possible or am I crazy to try to put a 1k hps in a 10 sq ft area? I know heat will be an issue, but what happens if there is too much light(assuming that I can vent the heat)?-is too much light even possible or will it just make the buds better? Please Help...:help:

420king-MASSES

you should go with a couple 400s or even a couple 250s in that space

C

coyote

1k tent size?

What's the smallest tent that I could get away with for budding with a 1000w hps? and how many cfm should my 6" inline fan be? Thanks very much for your advice:)

C

casmel

1.5 square feet is the minimum but yeah its much better to use 400 or 600 bulbs because you can but them a bit closer and they are a bit more cost effective also and 400 or 600 hps is very much the same good as 1000w theres no difference just the wattage .

C

coyote

1.5 square feet is the minimum but yeah its much better to use 400 or 600 bulbs because you can but them a bit closer and they are a bit more cost effective also and 400 or 600 hps is very much the same good as 1000w theres no difference just the wattage .

Did you mean 1.5 sq meters is the minimum for using a 1000 watt? Here's the deal, I came across a 1K setup, I am not paying my electricity bill. So I already have the light and do not need to worry about operating costs. Now, since space in my apt is an issue, I just need some advice to figure out the smallest tent I can use the 1K in. Also is 400 cfm a good idea for 6" fan in a small tent (I'm thinking 4'x4' or 3x4.5)--Please let me know if I'm on the right track and thanks again for the advice

420king-MASSES

4x4 will run a hot room regardless of exhausting and venting lights a 5x5 would be better

C

coyote

New Question

Thanks 420king-MASSES,
Unfortunately, I don't think I have the room for a 5x5 in my puny apartment.
So, the backup plan is to trade the 1K for a 600w Cool Tube that a friend in town has.

NEW QUESTION: Can I do a 600w in the original closet (a 2'x5') or should I get a 3'x3' tent or even a 4'x4' tent--keeping in mind that space is my main issue.
Thanks again friends

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I would assume that your closet is 2' deep, which makes it harder to hook up ducting to a hood, unless you run the bulb going left to right instead of front to back. All the hoods that I have seen, disperse more on the sides than on the ends. For that reason, I would go for the 4x4 if you have the space. You could run the 1k in the 4x4, but you will definitely need to air cool the hood and have a dedicated AC in the tent. Just my 2c.

-TF

P

PuFFnNugg

It is over doing it but if thats what you have. You will have sick coverage! I would put panda film on walls inexpensive n no mylar burn. If you had the money though you could go T5 for short plants or dual 400w or 250w HID. The tube is probably your best bet for coverage in this app and its small so will fit well.

Heat is always an issue. I'm amazed that those grow cabinets can even stay cool enough. If you can keep the room w/ the closet in it cool, then vent air from cool room.

Here are a couple ideas, you duct fan through filter/through light/ out of closet. If your put a vent or a peice of duct (helps if light is issue) running through closet door, the pressure will draw cool air in from room.

You might need a filter on either side of duct fun if smell is too stronge. It depends on size and quality of filter.

Or duct fan in closed loop, meaning it both draws air and deposits air outside of closet. This is best for smell but you will then need to another fan to bring cool air in.
When doing this you will want a duct for intake and exhaust on the closet door.

If you don't want to cut up the apartment door, get a peice of foam board and Velcro. You'll actually get a better seal.

Just remember the basics: Circulation and Convection

Meaning air flow and heat rises, these are main factors with cooling.

As far as too much light, I believe that is only a problem when introducing a plant to a "extreme" increase in lumens. Like going from flourenscents to sunlight. Maybe a hot spot diffusers. I would try the Equilizer, I think the S. Spreader is designed for wings.

420king-MASSES

Thanks 420king-MASSES,
Unfortunately, I don't think I have the room for a 5x5 in my puny apartment.
So, the backup plan is to trade the 1K for a 600w Cool Tube that a friend in town has.

NEW QUESTION: Can I do a 600w in the original closet (a 2'x5') or should I get a 3'x3' tent or even a 4'x4' tent--keeping in mind that space is my main issue.
Thanks again friends

no problem brotha ; yes you can run the six in the 2x5 i would use a gull wing so you can spread your coverage put a fan on light and a fan at canopy and you should keep door a jar and you should be fine with heat build up

Top Bottom