1000w in 5x5-6x6 room

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Im about to add a new room. Its about 5'-6' x 5'-6'. Im gonna use a 1000w hps. Should be just fine for a 1000watter right? (it'll be well ventilated)

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

9 5gal buckets (FF soil) Scrog. Vegging til the screen fills. I can only use 1 1000w'er. Will this be enough light tho? (5-6ft squared) Should I let em veg til each branch is almost a foot or popping out the screen a few inches? (mainly indica dominant strains)

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Anyone feel free to answer. I figure it'll be fine as long as it doesn't get to damn hot. -PDX

S

SkymasterSmoke

I've got the same idea going on as well, going to do 3 Royal Haze, White Widow, or Chemdog and I'm using a really nice sodium light. Do you think it'll be alright?

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

5x5 under a 1000w is what..40k lumen. That should be enough I'd think. With a few extra inches for the scrog screen. We'll give it a try. Setting it up this weekend so if anyone has something to add...Please do.

L

lostnFound02

5x5 under a 1000w is what..40k lumen. That should be enough I'd think. With a few extra inches for the scrog screen. We'll give it a try. Setting it up this weekend so if anyone has something to add...Please do.

ever thought of using 2 600w?

M

mrbong73

You gonna run A/C?
I've been thinking about upgrading my set up and adding a tent that size with a 1K but not sure how hot it would get.
Are you doing a sealed hood with exhaust?

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

This room is built in the corner of a 10x10 rm. The 5x5 rm I made is only 6 ft high. The hood IS vented via fan, but the rm is still too hot. Problem is the fan isn't enough for the rm and its barely doing sh!t, but atm I cant use my bigger exhaust fan due to noise. I could run an AC if I use an extn cord, cuz the circuit breaker will shut off as soon as the AC comes on. Probably what I'm gonna end up doing tho. Seeing how my exhaust sucks, (working on a solution) and I'm just about to flip, I'll probably need some kinda back up carbon filter on the AC right? My neighbors are either hella nosey or hella shady. Cant have em smelling anything. Any suggestions? -PDX

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

What did you make the walls out of? If you buy a fan speed controller you can use the bigger exhaust and run it halfway would kill noise a bit. If your walls are made of thick plywood..I've put in a window unit through the wood and have a fan blow on the outside of the coils...made it like a cold box!

Latest posts

Top Bottom