1000W light

• Thread starter shagy64221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shagy64221

Does this light need a ballast to work right? The guy says it plugs into the timer which plugs directly to a normal 110v outlet.I dont want to strat a fire now.

1000w light
1000w light 2
B6lrwwewkkgrhqriweydjybrhbmwe0dchzg 12jpg
S

Steve Z

does it look like all the components are there? can you take pictures of the plug in and the inside of wherever it plugs in?

interesting i've never seen one like that.... how big is that hood and the power block connecting into it?

S

shagy64221

That it!!

Thats all there was to it.Thats what I said,wheres the other parts to it.All lights I have seen needs a ballast to it.I will pass on it.Thanks for the info,all most bought a fire hazard!!!

Jeezer

Jeezer

if it feels extra heavy theres a ballast in there which means it works.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
lol. that's exactly where i was going to start. how heavy is this sucker?.

and how about flipping it over and photographing the lamp for us? that might also show that there is no enclosure for a ballast.

Papa

F

f1ydave

It looks like it is small enough to be one of those all in 1 hoods. But like papa said, we need to see inside the hood.

Should be like a 250 watt bulb needed if so.

R

RMCG

Non-remote ballasts are pretty standard in greenhouse lighting. The plug is not for a ballast receptacle, it goes in to the wall / timer.

Just going to add some additional heat/weight, but you didn't buy a fire hazard.

Top Bottom