1000w Sunpulse splitter = (2) 600w ?

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

I am about to try a vertical tree run. I would like to hang a bunch of 600s in cool tubes.

Prollum is, all I have is 1000w ballasts. I have been crunching numbers for 2 weeks and researching the most inexpensive way to 'effectively' do this. I dont know if I will like this new tree-style of growing. So I dont want to get any deeper that I have to.

What do you guys think about this product Sunpulse sells? They say it can turn a 1000w mag coil ballast into (2) 600s.

They say for "their 600 w bulbs". Does that mean only Sunpulse bulbs will work with this?

Last time I checked.....600+600=1200

But I'm no electronics/ electrician guy.

Does this thing work like they say?

It seems like I would be getting (2) 500w or pushing my 1000w ballast to make 1200w (which if so, it would seem like that would be getting too hot and possibly shortening life expectancy of the ballast)

sticky icky

sticky icky

A few of my buddy at the hydro store use this method with the splitter and mount 2 bulbs in horizontal hoods one of em told me they had one these hoods set up next to a reg hood with just one thousand watt bulb he said the light penetration thru the canopy with the 2 bulb hood is way way better its not even close but that's just hear say I havnt seen it myself but they say its the best set up out,have u seen those plasmas that dna genetics are using in the newest high times issue they seem really really nice is like to know some more details on them.

deep buddy

deep buddy

yes you will only get 500 w per bulb. yes you will get much better coverage in a horizontal garden but as you are in vert that really doesnt matter unless our going to string 2 600w bulbs in place of one 1000w. doesnt sound like what your planning . and from what the guys at the shop say you do need sunpulse bulbs. so to upgrade your 1000's 90+ for splitter plus 2 bulbs @ 100-130 to get 100w less? hmmmm...

F

foothillfarmin

I have the splitter and I do not use Sunpulses bulbs, just standard non digital style bulbs and am doing fine, but in a vert setup i only use to cover more area in place of 1 1k bulb, getting more coverage but only sacrificing 100 watts as it is still 1000watts used just spread out better, and no I dont take pics of my indoor to show setup sorry , and only 1 shop owner has ever said you had to use Sunpulse bulbs only, so far I havent had issues but maybe Im just getting lucky with it!!

Z

ziggy1

I have the same setup ... 1000w lumatek digital w splitter and 2 x 600watt bulbs in a double cool tube vertical. Love the setup and you definitely don't have to use sun pulse bulbs or a magnetic ballast, I use the lumatek on the super lumens setting and it puts out close to 1100 watts so about 550 watts apiece for the bulbs and have had no problems with the ballast or lights so far. You get a nice even spread.

I

ibTheMan

i use sunpulse 4k bulbs for veg, if you use them threw budn you will get almost exactly half the yield as you would get from Eye hortie 1000w hps, proven in two test this month, 1st 2 600w Sp usen spliter, and single 1000w Sp bulb.

B

Buddy Hemphill

i use sunpulse 4k bulbs for veg, if you use them threw budn you will get almost exactly half the yield as you would get from Eye hortie 1000w hps, proven in two test this month, 1st 2 600w Sp usen spliter, and single 1000w Sp bulb.

I am trying to understand how you tested them.

You sayin (2) 600w sunpulse bulbs powered with a 1000w ballast and splitter yeilded half what a single 1000w Horti Eye did under the same conditions?

If so, that sux.

B

Buddha69

I have the splitter and I do not use Sunpulses bulbs, just standard non digital style bulbs and am doing fine, but in a vert setup i only use to cover more area in place of 1 1k bulb, getting more coverage but only sacrificing 100 watts as it is still 1000watts used just spread out better, and no I dont take pics of my indoor to show setup sorry , and only 1 shop owner has ever said you had to use Sunpulse bulbs only, so far I havent had issues but maybe Im just getting lucky with it!!
Seriously I need Help and Joined just because you and the next person had experienced advice. thanks for your advice on the sunpulse splitter I really wanted to run 2 in my small tent with the 3" tube. Thanks for your time.

Top Bottom