10K Metal Halide report

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I think he meant full spectrum. But even with the wrong terminology it looks like he is correct. The article i linked above has tons of info and led made for healthier and higher canabanoid content plants.

Uvb added only increased the thc and not in a linear fashion.
We are in agreement on the UVB. The previous poster doesn't know what he's yammering about.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We are in agreement on the UVB. The previous poster doesn't know what he's yammering about.

The article (and many more tests) are showing increased full cannabanoid profile and better structure and health from led.

I have to read the rest of this test i just found as i wonder what led was used. The full spectrum “white” phosphor coated led like quantum boards are likely not used alone.

Anyway. Point is the poster is not wrong.

Ace9137

Ace9137

This is what I use. The only thing I do not like about the statement is lumens, animals see lumens, plants absorb radiation, which is par. I know everyone knows this, but just out of curiosity I looked up the previous statement to see if there is any truth into it, here is what I found:

Now before everyone thinks I am here to flame.....I am not, and to help one last link.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Many tests on the internet. This one shows thc only increased. Also shows the far red light shortening flowering is a myth. Lots of other light spectrum and light type info and results.
The article was an interesting read. What it didn't seem to address, unfortunately, was the effects of using different bulbs/frequencies for different processes. I was quite surprised to see a supposed 38% decrease (using HPS) in THC compared to LED lighting. That seems pretty high, but again, it doesn't factor in stuff like using mixed bulb types and frequencies/NMs, only 100% HPS from start to finish VS LEDs from start to finish. I think a regular 4K MH would do good for a general use bulb for the whole process, based on the data I read. Most MHs put out some UV, but HPS is pretty much lacking it. If nothing else, I'm going to swap out a high K bulb for a finish instead of the HPS for the last few weeks. I get great results from using both HPS and MH, but maybe I should reconsider.

*******UPDATE******

After deciding to dose the other plants with a higher blue bulb, I discovered that the bulb that I thought was a 10K bulb was actually a 6K bulb. The HPS will be replaced by the newly rediscovered 10K bulb that was hidden away. So... who knows what I accomplished using a 6K bulb for the entire grow. I had much better yield using a combination of HPS and 3500-4K MH bulbs, but I'll need to rethink everything the next go around. I'm going to replace the HPS with the 10K for a week or two and see what happens.

Last edited:
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
10000k bulbs rock the last 10-14 days,j havent got a bad thing to say about them besides dont use them for more than the 14 days.
I even rock the cheap ipower de @$30 a pop at a ratio of 1 per every 2 hps

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I also meant to share that with the phillips 315 lec and the hortilux 600w blue the plants were much more colorful than the hortilux 600w super hps and much earlier showing of colors like purple and yellow with the fuller more balanced spectrums of the halides.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think he meant full spectrum. But even with the wrong terminology it looks like he is correct. The article i linked above has tons of info and led made for healthier and higher canabanoid content plants.

Uvb added only increased the thc and not in a linear fashion.
I did. Wrong wording. Gesssh @OldManRiver gimme some slack lol

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
An update on the 10K light. I have had it on my plants for about 10 days. I have noticed a LOT of yellowing from the fan leaves, especially on the GC4 Sativa. My Matanuska turned a dark purple on the exposed fan leaves but the buds seem fine with minimal color changes yet. It is probably too warm for the nice purple to come out, but I'll tr to post a few pictures. I never had things act quite like these are, but it could be a few other changes that I made this grow. I have never seen this degree of purpling on the leaves, though. Total purple, Deep Purple!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

An update on the 10K light. I have had it on my plants for about 10 days. I have noticed a LOT of yellowing from the fan leaves, especially on the GC4 Sativa. My Matanuska turned a dark purple on the exposed fan leaves but the buds seem fine with minimal color changes yet. It is probably too warm for the nice purple to come out, but I'll tr to post a few pictures. I never had things act quite like these are, but it could be a few other changes that I made this grow. I have never seen this degree of purpling on the leaves, though. Total purple, Deep Purple!

When i used the phillips cmh and the hortilux blue in flower there was way more color in my garden than hps alone. Also some strains finished faster. Almost a week faster.

Must be the blue light heavy lamps.

Top Bottom