10kw Sacramento County

• Thread starter Sgrowdum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sgrowdum

Toying with stepping up to a 10Kw setup in my new rental house. I'm curious to hear from those of you with similar wattage in the area. Are
You all having trouble with knock and talks? Power companies tipping off etc? 10KW would be the biggest I've gone and I'm not sure how "safe" it is. Also what are you guys paying for electricity on a grow that size all in?

Suggestions/comments/concerns welcomed

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I'm running 6 flower 2 veg in so cal, power is 1500/month in winter, about 1800 in summer, they send us letters all the time that we use more power then any of the neighbors. Edison is coming out with a teir 6 rate just for us so they can put another 18% on top of that. Good luck with 10. I'm sure as long as you pay they will just charge the shit out of you and let it go

S

Sgrowdum

I'm running 6 flower 2 veg in so cal, power is 1500/month in winter, about 1800 in summer, they send us letters all the time that we use more power then any of the neighbors. Edison is coming out with a teir 6 rate just for us so they can put another 18% on top of that. Good luck with 10. I'm sure as long as you pay they will just charge the shit out of you and let it go

Jesus. That is the highest I've heard of. That's insane.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter

Damn dude you gotta get into industrial rates. My bill is 2k a month with 20 lights blasting.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Lol you don't. Residential prices are just crazy in socal.
You are not kidding!
I just switched to a Time of Use plan to try to lower my bill since I run my lights during off peak hours.
20170227 134434

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

If you want to run on a residential meter and not go broke, you have to know a lil bit about what your doing.
If we don't take down 2+ per light it's not worth the work that goes into it. After that it's just a numbers game. If I hit the number I keep working, if I don't I go back to work for someone else.

I Think I'll keep my $.09 a KWH. How do you guys survive with rates like that?
If I was paying .09/kWh I would be on my way to getting rich lol. Instead so cal Edison is getting richer. That is almost like stealing power, it's so cheap

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

My bills much higher than 2k. The power companies in the business of making money, pay on time you'll be fine.

R

richdash

I will tell you without speculation and certainty that you should be really cautious in Sac county... They ARE in fact actively conducting Raids and taking grows down as well as prosecuting still even when in compliance with all CA laws. If you are growing in the county, not the city don't be shocked if you have your door knocked down, banks frozen and assets taken. SMUD in fact does cooperate with Sac sheriff and all associated PD They even have a special unit in SMUD for handling large power users that gives "expert analysis" to police to obtain warrants.. While they don't actively go to the police they do answer all questions and release all info on your power usage to the police even without a warrant. None of this is hear say, all first hand knowledge unfortunately.

Top Bottom