10kw second coco run

• Thread starter blahman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blahman

My last run,
Didn't turn out as well as I would have liked 1.2 lb/1000w. Down from 1.7lb/1000w in soil. I was running AN sensi , calmag , rhino skin, big bud, carbo load. Feeding every day at a ec of 1.0 . Ended up with a major claw going on and very small buds for the size of the plants. When I pulled the root balls from my pots 5gals, the bottom 3rd of the pots were pretty much root free. I'm assuming the constant hammering with water caused a die back. I did have roots protruding from the holes in the pots before my switch to flower.

Just getting ready to switch my second run of coco to flower. I'm currently using GH h3ads forumla. Things seem fine, little low on N overall. Using 25% tap water(very hard 400ppm+) and the rest RO. Haven't been adding calmag. I've also been letting the coco dry out a bit before I feed. Lots of new white root growth coming out of the bottom of the pots.

Now.... What do you experienced growers recommend? Should I continue to let the coco dry out a bit before I water? I don't want the root die back that I had last time from watering everyday. Remember I'm growing in 5 gallon pots. Also is there anything better then the H3ad or Rez's formula when it comes to coco? should I be adding calmag?

TIA!

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Ditch the cal mag and use Epsom salt. 1 tsp per gal or less. I am currently running rez's formula and loving it. As far as watering I like to let them dry out a bit but I'm sure some people disagree. For me it fills my smart pots with nice healthy roots. Good luck and can't wait to see some pics.

G

Gaval

this is my second run with coco i have been watering 4 x daily keeping the coco soaked and have roots comming out of smart pots. Try H&G roots excell

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i've gotten insane roots either way but i've also gotten disappointing roots either way. my first run i didnt know that i wasnt supposed to recirculate, so i ran a constant drip and got roots growing out the holes in the pots and spreading a couple feet along the tray. leggy plants though. i've watered 4x a day, 1x a day, waiting for dry pots, whatever. sometimes they explode, sometimes they dont. plants are adaptable but you never quite know what they will adapt to.

Top Bottom