10kw setup, help and advice needed please...

• Thread starter looking4Cindy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

looking4Cindy

Hi i`m looking to set up a new grow.
I`ve two big rooms, the usable space for growing in each is 3.5m by 2m and 3.4m by 2.6m in the other room.
i think i could run between 4kw or 5kw of the house circuits, and 6kw from 1 or 2 generators for a total of 10kw.

I`m not too sure on how to go on about it, i still need to get all the equipment so, so far anything goes.
I was thinking of building a ebb and flood table for 11l square pots, in one room and maybe a multipod style bucket system in the other. what would be the best choice for a commercial grow?
A few big plants in multipods or a sea of green in 11l pots in flood and drain system? also if all factors are ok what kind of yields will i be looking at?
the strain will be uk cheese or white rhino. thx

A

amstercal

Hey, you haven't said what your experience is which I think is the most important factor in planning your room. If you have no experience, I would start small, maybe even in soil, which is much more forgiving than hydro. If you really want to go hydro, start with a simple system like the ebb and flow table or coco in pots or something inexpensive like that while you learn. Start one room and then when you feel confident in your growing skills, start the other.
If you are not a medical marijuana patient and plants numbers don't matter to you, a newer grower will do better growing sea of green so you learn some other techniques as you go. Your yield will depend on so many things, it would be hard to say at this point. I would guess most new growers start at .25-.5 grams per watt with a good cut, although there are several new growers on here who have done better. Genetics will matter just as much as your set up or your abilities.

L

looking4Cindy

Hey, you haven't said what your experience is which I think is the most important factor in planning your room. If you have no experience, I would start small, maybe even in soil, which is much more forgiving than hydro. If you really want to go hydro, start with a simple system like the ebb and flow table or coco in pots or something inexpensive like that while you learn. Start one room and then when you feel confident in your growing skills, start the other.
If you are not a medical marijuana patient and plants numbers don't matter to you, a newer grower will do better growing sea of green so you learn some other techniques as you go. Your yield will depend on so many things, it would be hard to say at this point. I would guess most new growers start at .25-.5 grams per watt with a good cut, although there are several new growers on here who have done better. Genetics will matter just as much as your set up or your abilities.

Hi, i do have some experience, my last grow as is my current have been grown in wilma pots(160)with clay pebbles at the bottom and coco on top. i did just under 20oz from my dr120 with 1 600w. (can i expect a slight improvement on that due to bigger room?)i have good genetics, uk cheese, and white rhino, fly hooker and mach fly on the way too, (can`t wait for it Mosca).
the number of plants doesnt matter, i would rather have minimise the amount of work and maintenance needed so maybe a few plants rather than hundreds.
but no compromise on yield and time if possible.
what i wanted to know was,
-what would be best as a commercial grow, multipod style or square pots in a sea of green?
-how long will i need to veg if i do in buckets, in order to get the best yield out of them?
-also how many plants in buckets for each 600w light, how much space between each plant?
-Would 8 600w lights be overkill for the size of these rooms?
-should i only use 6x 600w?
Thanks

B

biggs

i think going from one 600w to 10kw, might be a bit too big of a jump. theres a lot of work that goes into setting up and running a 10kw grow. why not try 4 600's first and see how you get on. then go to 8 and so on. good luck with it mate.

L

looking4Cindy

i think going from one 600w to 10kw, might be a bit too big of a jump. theres a lot of work that goes into setting up and running a 10kw grow. why not try 4 600's first and see how you get on. then go to 8 and so on. good luck with it mate.

thx for your advice, but i`m not alone in this, and i do believe that it is time for me to move to bigger. i only have 1 room in charge anyway, that`s 8 lights. i will be helping to setup the other room and him and i will be helping each other,we need it to be quite managable.
We will be starting to set up the rooms on monday, then i will start getting the equipement.
pictures and journal will follw, Watch this space...

L

looking4Cindy

fairplay mate. hope everything goes well for you.

Thx but i would still like some advice from you or anybody else with experience.
I `m not saying that you are wrong about starting a bit smaller, but i`m ambitious and have been thinking a lot about this, it`s all very calculated too and i don`t doubt my skills aren`t as good as pro farmers or farmers with 15y exp,But that`s why i`1m here (it will be a great learning curve). i`m really looking forward to it.
so if any constructive advice can be given , it will be greatly appreciated. thx mate.
Happy farming....

F

Frank_Castle

I love your can do attitude! Good luck with this!

I wish I had the experience to help but I dont. If I were trying the same project I would just go through all the threads of those doing big grows and start taking notes.

L

looking4Cindy

I love your can do attitude! Good luck with this!

I wish I had the experience to help but I don't. If I were trying the same project I would just go through all the threads of those doing big grows and start taking notes.

Hey thanks man i appreciate your comment;)

I have gone through a lot of threads on various forums, i`ve also got a lot of notes and books about it, last time i checked i had almost 4gig of pdf files on anything to do with cannabis growing, general horticulture, advanced botany and basic genetics.
I`ve absorbed a lot of theory, i just haven't got much experience with bigger grows, which is why i was looking for help from senior growers.
I don`t pretend to know it all but i do understand what i`m reading and i`m able to put it into practice.
I can understand that it can be a very cliquey community, i don`t expect any freebies or handouts either, but since this is the Internet and i might or might not be growing pot(just like everybody else on here), and each person with a grow journal is showing pics and the way they do their thing i was just hoping for some kind of positive encouragement+ advice, do`s and don`t if you will.
Either way this forum is the best in my opinion, i`m here for the info,the growers are very knowledgeable, it`s my greatest source of info on the subject,with it and a bit of common sense I`ll learn, by my mistakes as well as success, With experienced farmers direct help or not.
After all even senior growers had to start from somewhere at some point.
So i`ve a white canvas and i enough funds to furnish those two rooms, by monday i would`ve made my mind up, as i really need to get things started soon...

So thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
And happy farming to all...

J

jakew215

get started on your room?

what kind of budget are you working with?

you have a roughly 12'x7' space? thats pretty big?

there are a lot of questions you have to answer for anyone to give you a good answer on lighting.

you gonna run Co2? Sealed room? ever looked into vertical lighting?

what kind of yields are you looking to achieve with this commercial grow? are you trying to harvest 4? 5? 6? times a year?

if you wanna grow alotta dope fast i think the best way to do it is to fill that room wall to wall with ebbflow tables and lots and lots of thousand watts with lots and lots of A/C and pump in 1500 ppm of co2.

thats what I'd do if I had $30k.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
LookingfroCindy just go for it dude, if your pul,ling 20oz from a 600 you know what your doing.

G81 :)

L

looking4Cindy

get started on your room?

what kind of budget are you working with?

you have a roughly 12'x7' space? thats pretty big?

there are a lot of questions you have to answer for anyone to give you a good answer on lighting.

you gonna run Co2? Sealed room? ever looked into vertical lighting?>> yes i intend to run co2 in sealed room.

what kind of yields are you looking to achieve with this commercial grow? are you trying to harvest 4? 5? 6? times a year?i`m thinking 5 a year.as much yield as possible but i don`t want the garden to be hard to manage!

if you wanna grow alotta dope fast i think the best way to do it is to fill that room wall to wall with ebbflow tables and lots and lots of thousand watts with lots and lots of A/C and pump in 1500 ppm of co2. still not too sure, but i need to make my mind up soon by tomorrow.
thats what I'd do if I had $30k. erm... i reckon i could gather up around $15k to $20k

thx

L

looking4Cindy

LookingfroCindy just go for it dude, if your pul,ling 20oz from a 600 you know what your doing.

G81 :)
Thx mate, i am going for it!;)
yeah i did just under 20 oz and i really surprised myself. so why not eh?
happy farming all

J

jakew215

hell yeah man, you got twenty grand a experience enough to grow 480 grams under a single six then i dont think you need anymore direction.

its all up to you and how you want to grow, and what your legal limits are if you care.

but like i said if it were me, i'd have 500 plants under 9 1ks in that space. if i were out for just pure yield. let us know some kind of direction you wanna go and im sure a lot of people can help you out.

good luck.

Top Bottom