10x 16 building converted to grow space ventilation help please !!!

• Thread starter Bjd731962
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bjd731962

Doing a 10x16 building fully insulated but not completely sealed per se because I don’t want to start dealing with co2 yet. I will have multiple tents within this building so I’m wondering how to have exhaust set up for the actual building. I am going to have the tents ducted directly to the outside but should I just have open passive vents for fresh air to come in to the lung room? Was thinking 5 6” exhaust from the grow tents directly and 2 12x 12 passive intakes , the tent exhaust should pull enough passive air correct? Or do I need intake? 4-5 3x3 and 4x4 tents will be in the building. All ducted outside. Full hvac mini split will be installed as well. Foamed insulation. Mini split hvac unit.

PooToe

PooToe

As long as you're controlling the environment with your mini split in the lung room I wouldn't worry about intake. Exhaust all tents into a manifold with a booster fan.

Is the lung room sealed? If so then you'll want an intake large enough to replenish the air in the lung room. You'll want to filter the intake so that no baddies from the outside get in and fubar your grow.

N

nicolajanjak

using hvac with venting is a non sense
the easiest in this space would be to buy a CO2 controller and a bottle and plug it
set it at 500ppm if you want to stay around atmospheric levels

B

Bjd731962

As long as you're controlling the environment with your mini split in the lung room I wouldn't worry about intake. Exhaust all tents into a manifold with a booster fan.

Is the lung room sealed? If so then you'll want an intake large enough to replenish the air in the lung room. You'll want to filter the intake so that no baddies from the outside get in and fubar your grow.
It’s a building outdoors. That’s the lung room but I’m going to add 2 12x12 passive air vents with filters. Was gonna duct all tent fans individually outdoors via dryer duct or something. Why all in one with a booster? Is that necessary?

PooToe

PooToe

I assume you'll be running 6" fans for each tent unless they're a 2 x 2 in which you'll probably go with a 4" fan?

You could go individual but that's a lot of individual air ducts. You'll need to make a manifold to wherever you'll be exhausting them along with supporting each line going to the manifold.

B

Bjd731962

I assume you'll be running 6" fans for each tent unless they're a 2 x 2 in which you'll probably go with a 4" fan?

You could go individual but that's a lot of individual air ducts. You'll need to make a manifold to wherever you'll be exhausting them along with supporting each line going to the manifold.
2-3 6inch and 2 4 inch ducts. They will be exhausting at different times which is why I was skeptical about running on the same line.

N

Natep

Treat each tent individually. They will all make heat differently. I would vent them all out of the room. That way it doesn’t heat the room. Just keep the lung room cool. Two tents and make shift work bench cabinet that I clone and veg in. The room is conditioned but every space acts so differently.

B

Bjd731962

Treat each tent individually. They will all make heat differently. I would vent them all out of the room. That way it doesn’t heat the room. Just keep the lung room cool. Two tents and make shift work bench cabinet that I clone and veg in. The room is conditioned but every space acts so differently.
It’s a building in a secluded area with power and water ran. So the only fresh air is coming from outside which may be too cold at times coming in even with a mini split. & they will be vented outside as well.

Top Bottom