10x10 Room! Should I?

• Thread starter swisscheese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

I am in the process of setting up a new grow room which will be 10x10 useable area plus a small side room for resovoirs etc. I am interested in running a doubleds style system but am not going to be purchasing an ac unit and may not use Co2 this first run. I know this style is still very effective but in everyones opinions would this style be optimal use of the space as far as yield goes? I'm debating if I want to setup aero gardens or this style. Plant count is a big plus doing it this way. As far as strains I would like to run at least 2 strains something like bubba kush katsu or chemdog and trainwreck or ak47. Any thoughts?

M

Malachi

you will need an ac and a chiller if you plan on hanging the lights vertical, ecspecially with spring right around the corner

Desertboy

Desertboy

I'm not going to air con, but I will use a chiller, at the moment bare bulbs will be fine with my extraction plans but come middle may to june going to have to cool tube it to keep on top of temps.

I might add 1 or 2 icebox's as well when I can't keep incoming air temps down but in the UK so the things cost a fortune with import.

Last year I ran 2.4kw straight through the middle of summer with no tubes and max temp 27C, this year I'm going to run 3.4kw (4x600w, 1 1000w) and double my air flow.

No Co2 either but if I buy icebox's when the temps drop again I'll keep the tubes (Except the middle one my only kw bulb) and co2 with a sealed room.

S

swisscheese

Ok so I started buying stuff last night. I'm going to do my best to replicate DD's setup with stuff from home depot/lowes etc and post it all up here. My room is slightly bigger then 10'x10' and I'm thinking I can fit 5 plants in there, 4 for sure. What I have purchased so far is 4 27 gallon super boxes rated to 400lbs and 5 5 gallon buckets with lids. These are slightly bigger then the 60l boxes and 10l buckets that are recommended but will they still work? I was kind of confused as to why I wouldn't just use a huge net pot instead of the bucket? If I'm doing something wrong just yell at me.

Buckets.jpg

Apache69

Apache69

Ok so I started buying stuff last night. I'm going to do my best to replicate DD's setup with stuff from home depot/lowes etc and post it all up here. My room is slightly bigger then 10'x10' and I'm thinking I can fit 5 plants in there, 4 for sure. What I have purchased so far is 4 27 gallon super boxes rated to 400lbs and 5 5 gallon buckets with lids. These are slightly bigger then the 60l boxes and 10l buckets that are recommended but will they still work? I was kind of confused as to why I wouldn't just use a huge net pot instead of the bucket? If I'm doing something wrong just yell at me.

Buckets.jpg

How many lights are going to run? And what is the layout of the plants and lights? I am looking forward to your report.

Cheers,

S

swisscheese

If I go 4 plants it'll be 5 lights in the standard pattern but I am thinking about putting a 1500w MH in the middle and 1000w MH on the sides/corners you know what I mean. I'm going to experiment and have fun. Anyone ever tried the 1500w lights?

T

TyKaycha

Check out Lost's mpb threads. Those totes/boxes are similar to what he's using.

M

mcattak

I think a different design is to drip/veg in the 10 inch netpots instead of the buckets..Once vegged I just drop into the top of the superboxes

S

swisscheese

That's what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure I wasn't messing it up. I'm still debating buying another pump so I don't have to make it a gravity drain system or I'm going to build a veg box over the reservoir. So with the big net pots instead of a bucket I would just keep the water line higher I assume, I'm going to make something and post up pics later today for sure

M

mcattak

I started my cuts in 3x3 rockwool...Then transferred to the net pots and then ran the drip 24/7 for 3 weeks...Make sure if you use rockwool to place it at the top of the netpot..My waterline is about 1 1/2'' to 2'' up the netpot and about 4" to 5" from the rockwool cube

S

swisscheese

Got the buckets built now with all readily available stuff. I'm going to be leak testing today and assuming that goes well I have decide what to do with the res.

S

swisscheese

Now everything works will post up a pic as soon as my phone gets a charge.

S

swisscheese

Decided on holding out for quantum ballasts I'm in the process of importing some from China, LOL I'm cheap. If they're good I'll get a hundred and spread the love cheap for everyone.

E

ehole

oh dear lord did the alibaba thing for the ballast? let us know how that turns out too. i'm mildly intrested in trying that myself

Top Bottom