10X1000W HPS Hortilux-10SiteMPB-Advanced Nutes-Co2 Propane-RO

• Thread starter YoungDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YoungDro

I am moving into a new house June1-June15
I am deciding to invest in a 10 light mpb setup.
Budget: $15,000
Flower Room:

PH 6.060 liter pails -mini res
100 gallon- main res
advanced nutes a/b 4 weeks then connoisseur
80 watt air pump
3/4 inch feed to 1/2 feed to mpb-check valve
2x1800 GPH (1-5 plants)
5 gallons h20 in each bucket x10=50 gal
.5HP Chiller-1200GPH pump
3.5 Ton A.C 42K BTU (still deciding which 1 is best)
(Regulator or Generator<--still deciding)
2 1' drains each bucket to 4' PVC back to res
SolarMax1000W HPS 147K Lumens
(10 lights x 7k = 70k lumens, half the lumens of a standard bulb
Tomato Cages
70 Pint Dehumidifier (do i need 2 for 10 lights?)
White Poly
12" Inline Fan + Carbon Filter
8 Wall Fans ( 2 per wall)
10 Bottom Blowers
180/Gal RO

Veg Room
1000W MH Hortilux
2x4 ebb and flow table
6' rockwool cubes soaked in stim root 5000
PH-5.5

I will add more to this later, but this is what I am trying to accomplish soon so all help would be great

O

OregonMeds

"(10 lights x 7k = 70k lumens, half the lumens of a standard bulb"

[youtube]v17lMr0j2D8[/youtube]

F

FileError404

Lol OM! I had the same thought :D

Think I figured it out. By using Solarmax bulbs, which are apparently rated at 147K "For Humans To See" lumens, he will up his total lumen output for the room by a half light for free.

Have to read up on solarmax, not sure if it would make a difference.

Best of luck with the grow.

Edit: The Solarmax puts out 147K vs. the Hortilux 145K. But it's really not about lumens anyway. I have a cheap Hortilux scource so there is no decision to make.

Y

YoungDro

hortis

yeah thanks for figuring it out I was actually comparing these bulbs to standard bulbs rated at 140K lumens, say i get 2 ibs per light, 10 lights would give me about 1 ib extra bud weight, figuratively speaking

I want to use XtraSun ballasts cuz they are only $140 each, 1 drawback for me is the 90 degree cord angled on the sockets which are annoying for vertical lighting cuz u have to rig them just right, any suggestions for this? any vertical cords for the same ballast? or any ballasts that come with the STRAIGHT cords?

Also About topping the plants, i like to do this to keep plants short and bushy, when is the best time to top the plant?

stim root 5000 is better than root excellurator?

what are the best airstones to use for the MPB?

what do i set the co2 ppms before flush?

whats best for a 10 light 10 plants mpb setup for co2? generator or tank+regulator??

Y

YoungDro

amps

how much amperage do you have to work with?

Im looking at using 50 amps for the 10 lights
24 amps for the 3.5 ton AC

thats 74 already plus all the pumps, fans, co2, etc

i dont know the ampage of the house yet but if i need to get an upgrade i will, im guessing 120 amps at least

Y

YoungDro

"(10 lights x 7k = 70k lumens, half the lumens of a standard bulb"

[youtube]v17lMr0j2D8[/youtube]

HAHA I was talkin bout the extra 7k lumens each of these bulbs has compared to the standard hps bulbs, 10 of them would equal 70 lumens-which is half of 140K (a standard bulb) which means with extra lights, ballasts, amps, etc...that would be 500W light extra, free?
for only $50 more per bulb, i think its worth it. that would add to about 1.5 OZ per plant Im guessing

not to mention all the other important aspects of the grow

Y

YoungDro

does any1 know if a Cap Gen propane 4 burner co2 will work for a 10 plant 10 light grow? im wondering if anyone has used these and had success i dont want to get them and they break before i can even harvest, I hear blu-ox are good and are more expensive which id be willing to upgrade later at harvest

any advice

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

does any1 know if a Cap Gen propane 4 burner co2 will work for a 10 plant 10 light grow? im wondering if anyone has used these and had success i dont want to get them and they break before i can even harvest, I hear blu-ox are good and are more expensive which id be willing to upgrade later at harvest

any advice

I run two IGS 8 burners in a 12x28 16 plant setup. Some days I wish I had a third because I don't have them ducted and they bring my room heat up about 5-8 degrees. That's 16 burners. I think you'll be cutting it a little close on just 4 burners with 10 plants.

Y

YoungDro

I run two IGS 8 burners in a 12x28 16 plant setup. Some days I wish I had a third because I don't have them ducted and they bring my room heat up about 5-8 degrees. That's 16 burners. I think you'll be cutting it a little close on just 4 burners with 10 plants.

maybe i should get the 8 burner then i do want walk around space from all 4 sides and i know these are going to be fast consuming monsters, I'm thinking a 3.5 ton should cool 10 lights bare bulb with an 8 burner generator

This is the light setup i see fit

O=1K HPS
o=600 watt
X plant

O X O X O
X O X O X
O X O X O
X O X O X
o o

Y

YoungDro

Lol OM! I had the same thought :D

Think I figured it out. By using Solarmax bulbs, which are apparently rated at 147K "For Humans To See" lumens, he will up his total lumen output for the room by a half light for free.

Have to read up on solarmax, not sure if it would make a difference.

Best of luck with the grow.

Edit: The Solarmax puts out 147K vs. the Hortilux 145K. But it's really not about lumens anyway. I have a cheap Hortilux scource so there is no decision to make.

true that bro, what do you think about digital vs. magentic ballasts...for my first 10 light grow is it better to save money on the lights or do digitals produce so much more that you know...

F

FileError404

Here's is a good article. Running Lumatek ballasts & bulbs next run.

Top Bottom