10x25’ Garage Room Setup Help

• Thread starter Greengrower8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greengrower8

I have a 10x25’ space in my garage that I would like to convert to a grow space. Electricity is there.

8’ cinder block walls on 3 sides.

Some sort of partition will have to be built on one side, 25’Lx8’H, with some sort of entryway.

A flat ceiling needs to be installed (25x10’). There is a good lip at the top of the cinder block walls where plywood could rest and be secured, allowing it to be attached to the rafters as well. The peak of the garage is about 16’ so there is plenty of open space above the ceiling for ventilation, etc. Odor is not an issue.

The walls and ceiling need to be insulated. It snows in the winter. I’m thinking of glueing 2” reflective foam board insulation to all the walls and ceiling.

I have 5 air cooled 600w mh/hps lights and 2 in-line fans. Currently using a dwc system.

Bottom line, what’s the best, most inexpensive way to convert and utilize this space? It needs to be sealed/protected from the outdoors and insulated from the cold.

Thanks all!!

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

That's a huge space and probably wont be inexpensive to finish off. Also seems like a lot of space for 5 lights maybe only do have the room now and half later.

Hackerman

Hackerman

If you are going to divide the space between veg and flowering, don't make them the same size. I did and now I wish I had made the flowering space twice as large as the veg space.

sixstring

sixstring

I would go with more insulation for the ceiling like 6 or 8 inches min. I'm in Michigan and have about 18 inches in the attic and 9in for the walls.,works awesome

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Not gonna be inexpensive. That is a great area though. Do it right and frame in a single room with a door. Insulate it properly and install adequate ventilation and climate control. Heating/AC if needed. Install a water source. You'll regret not doing so. Once you have a controlled growing ROOM, set up dedicated spaces for the various stages of growth. It sounds like a lot, but well worth the initial investment. $ to $, less headaches in the future. Focus on the ROOM first. Then the dedicated enclosures. Are you construction savvy? Better call some Bros and order some pizza. LMAO.

G

Greengrower8

Hey hey I’m in Michigan too :) dang that’s thick insulation. I’ll have to look into how to do that without framing out the entire perimeter to enclose the insulation. With the one wall that has to be built and the ceiling- that can be incorporated into design. But I’d rather not have to redesign/restructure the other 3 walls that are already in place.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Hey hey I’m in Michigan too :) dang that’s thick insulation. I’ll have to look into how to do that without framing out the entire perimeter to enclose the insulation. With the one wall that has to be built and the ceiling- that can be incorporated into design. But I’d rather not have to redesign/restructure the other 3 walls that are already in place.
Assuming the block walls are exterior walls. You may get away with a layer (s) of foam board. No framing needed. After room situated, use tents to divide up your space? You wanna get serious, figure out budget. Knowing a budget will help. I could imagine a dream room and cost you 10K. Haha.

Top Bottom