11k Vertical Undercurrent Grow rockin Barney's Sweet Tooth X Soma's Rockbud

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Whats good fellow farmers...This my first completely legal grow as a med patient in the great state of michigan. Bear with me since this is my first attempt at documenting anythin like this. Will do my best.

First off, growin in a 120 sq ft sealed space. Runnin 11k watts vertically with a 36,000 btu split duct 4 cooling. Since I'm growin 4 myself i hav 2 keep my plant count at 12. So i copped the undercurrent 12xxl with 40" centers in 13g buckets. Have a 1/3 hp prime chiller 4 the system. Spectrapure 200g/day RO filter fillin a 100g backup rez. 50 lbs Co2 tank hooked up 2 a Sentinel CHHC-1. Bluelab guardian keepin the undercurrent rez in check. Runnin the full line of House & Garden nutes with Great White thrown in. Limited 2 one strain 4 now until i get my caregivers license. (i'm sketchy bout runnin multiple strains in 1 hydro system).
I'm not an expert and still learnin so if u have any suggestions... i'm all ears =] On wit d pics:
undercurrent.bmp
lights.bmp
nutes1.jpg
ac1.jpg
ballasts.jpg
guardian.jpg
sentinel.jpg
plant.bmp

L

Loudblunts

looking good bro.. nice setup

subscribed! those are some of my favorite nutes!!!

Boylobster

Boylobster

That setup is for your personal consumption?! Does it help you to fill a bathtub and just roll around in ganja, tossing it and batting it like a kitten? :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;) You've obviously done a lot of work, and with that setup, you're gonna' blow it up like Hiroshima. ...eek. Too soon?

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

looking good bro.. nice setup

subscribed! those are some of my favorite nutes!!!

Thanx 4 poppin in my dude! After seein Texas Kid blow this system up with H&G nutes, I had 2 follow suit.
I ddnt mention b4, but i'll be veggin in the undercurrent. Hopin they get big enough 2 flip on cinco de mayo.
Will be addin sum shit called reflectix 2 the white tubs 2 keep the chiller from workin 2 hard and algae out.
-Keepz

L

Loudblunts

yea bro get you some reflectix...they got rolls at homedepot and lowes. got rolls in difference sizes. get you some silve aluminum duct hvac tape (if you are anal about reflectivity) or you can just tape it off with guerilla tape. love that shit...lol

i think you'll be fine bro... they should be vegged out enough when cinco de mayo rolls around...hell they may get too big...hehe that is only so many days...lol

i've been deciding myself on that damn undercurrent. i think i jinxed myself...said i would NEVER...lol but im changing my tune..... so im definitely staying tuned.... glad i caught the beginning of the show bro :D

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

That setup is for your personal consumption?! Does it help you to fill a bathtub and just roll around in ganja, tossing it and batting it like a kitten? :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;) You've obviously done a lot of work, and with that setup, you're gonna' blow it up like Hiroshima. ...eek. Too soon?

LMAO... yeah when they limited me to 12 plants i was like.. i'll show them tryin 2 put limits on me! I'm just a hand in the cookie jar type dude i guess... won't hurt 2 hav extra meds 2 bless the patients out here in MI who hav been so gracious and helpful. -Keepz

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
lookin good bro, nice and clean for sure! rep that michigan boy!!! ~SMF~

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey bro everything looks GREAT jus a few things I want to share from researching the under current, they say you should keep it basic on the nutrients k.i.s.s. method cuz they said root rot will apper with to much in the water. Check it out on JackMayOffer's thread. Also cover all those red and blue lights on whatever is in your room cuz those lights will cause nanners to apper.... Keep up the great work and keep it Dank. Peace HDK

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

lookin good bro, nice and clean for sure! rep that michigan boy!!! ~SMF~

You know it homie! Hopin 2 rep as hard as u and HDK and bring sum top notch meds 2 the community.

Hey bro everything looks GREAT jus a few things I want to share from researching the under current, they say you should keep it basic on the nutrients k.i.s.s. method cuz they said root rot will apper with to much in the water. Check it out on JackMayOffer's thread. Also cover all those red and blue lights on whatever is in your room cuz those lights will cause nanners to apper.... Keep up the great work and keep it Dank. Peace HDK

Thanx 4 droppin by and lendin a hand my dude. I'll have 2 check on that k.i.s.s. method u mentioned cuz i went 2 great lengths 2 make sure the water temps dont go above 67 with all lights on.
I'll start by telling u why my EC is at 1.3... I know dan from current culture told me less is more and i started with the H&G 1/2 strength formula for 200g that this system holds rite now. As the roots started bustin out the net pots, my plants started goin really light green with slight deficiency symptoms. I was told by the breeder that this cross is a voracious eater from the sweet tooth in it. Every couple days i bumped up the nutes until i reached the EC shown. They seem 2 b real happy now, but i'll look into it fo sho. Root rot is not an option!!
U fucked me up 4 a sec when u mentioned the red and blue lights so i had 2 go back 2 d pics and c what u were talkin bout. The red digital readout from the sentinel is actually outside my grow space next 2 one of my timers in the utility room. Only the probe is inside the room. The Guardian readout looks blue because i used the cam off my i-phone, but its actually green and supposed 2 b dark cycle safe according 2 the manufacturer. Only leaves the split-duct temp reading thats red, but i could cover that no prob.
I really appreciate u sharing notes though bro cuz this is my first run with the undercurrent and still in my learning phase. Would luv 2 get this system dialed in cuz this bitch is beast mode all the way.
I appreciate all the kind words... Ya'll should come chek ya boy out at the lake come summer time. Shit gets wild out here 4 memorial day! -Keepz

L

Loudblunts

dude, you have a 1/3 hp chiller, roots excellurator and a big ass air pump.

why again are you worried about pythium >=) :character0110:

pythium can survive in 65-67F water, however imo, you already have to have it for it to acclimate to that temp for it to survive.

second, roots excellurator is not only a root stimulator, it rids root rot, shall you have any

third, your air pump. pythium can come from lack of DO (dissolved oxygen). here are some fun tidbits for you and your thread (if you didnt know). 9/10 times....hell i wanna say 10/10 times but you know how that goes....anywho....bad bacteria tend to hate oxygen thus them being anaerobic and the like.... good beneficial bacteria tend to love air....

also, i would like to touch on your feeding regime as i've seen this many o times. Follow the chart bro. :D

I've seen so many people try to cut h&g ratio in half and they fail or their plants start to look like shit. Follow the chart :D

If you notice the folks with high success using h&g follow the chart almost to a tee. what i mean by almost to a tee is that if we dont follow the chart to the tee... we may round 1-2 gallon up more than our normal, just to be safe....

last but not least, if you are worried.... dont be

you have ALL the necessary tools in your arsenal to keep you from having pythium.

roots love chilled/cool water with massive DO levels. you have the primo system to achieve that. DO is also related to water temps.... so no matter how much air you are pumping into your reservoirs...it doesnt matter if your temperature of the water doesnt allow it.

Warmer water has a harder time dissolving the gas (oxygen) than colder water. The saturation point is reached sooner with warm water.

Use this knowledge in conjunction with your air pumps...

i run 55F-58F in my aero systems and bare roots no medium.....

now dont get me wrong, not saying you should drink the koolaid and drop all the way down to 58F the first try, but i damn sure think you should be lower than 67F at your chiller set temp.... you have to think about the root zone.... that rootzone will be a few degrees warmer than the water itself. go 63F-65F and see whatcha get :D

L

Loudblunts

nah those are only the 13 gallon buckets (im guessing since its new, they didnt have the time to get it colored, so its on the way)

they should be all blue by the summer time

B

bowlpacks

So onlt the13's come in white? If the white buckets are light proof I'd rather have those than the blue.

L

Loudblunts

well when they first started all the buckets were white..... but when you order mass amounts of buckets, you can choose and pick the color and get them for like pennies on the dollar...well maybe not cheap, but they prolly are getting them for a few bucks when they order a boatload of them.

and i dont blv the white buckets are fully lightproof...but nothing some reflectix and/or some paint couldnt fix

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
If you have any questions are need any help feel free to hit me up, You have an amazing system on your hands now its up to you to keep the girls happy..:clapping Keep every thing simple!!Watch your water temps,Foliar feed your girls twice a week.Ride your PH like its your job I like to let it swing between 5.5 and 6.2 when it gets above 6.2 bring it down in the 5.9 range, You should get to the point where you do not need to add any PH up or down just do add backs with RO then nute up or pre mix your nutes and use this as your top off..I am running a 200 gallon rez and they are drinking 80 gallons a day 40 gallons per system 24 hr period..You are in good hands here at THCFARMER and you have a really great company backing up there product. Hold on and get ready for those plants to blow your mind :icon_animal26:...JACK :boogie:

deacon1503

deacon1503

Can't wait to see how this goes. Starting my own Under Current grow soon with H&G. Im in MI as well so lets exchange the info to keep the girls growin!

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Will b rockin the blue 13's soon!!!

Loudblunts~ thanks 4 the info. much respect. right now its hard 4 me 2 get the water under 65 with all lights on, but i've also been slackin on buyin the reflectix which may help.

Bowlpacks~ i'll b definitely lookin forward 2 the evo's in blue. i was impatient and wanted the 13g because i felt there was no point 4 me 2 get the 8's, but they will grow green algae if u dont, at the very least, cover it with poly. the white buckets r semi translucent so go figure. thanx 4 droppin by.

-Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Really diggin this system!!

If you have any questions are need any help feel free to hit me up, You have an amazing system on your hands now its up to you to keep the girls happy..:clapping Keep every thing simple!!Watch your water temps,Foliar feed your girls twice a week.Ride your PH like its your job I like to let it swing between 5.5 and 6.2 when it gets above 6.2 bring it down in the 5.9 range, You should get to the point where you do not need to add any PH up or down just do add backs with RO then nute up or pre mix your nutes and use this as your top off..I am running a 200 gallon rez and they are drinking 80 gallons a day 40 gallons per system 24 hr period..You are in good hands here at THCFARMER and you have a really great company backing up there product. Hold on and get ready for those plants to blow your mind :icon_animal26:...JACK :boogie:

Appreciate u swingin by and droppin sum gems on me concerning this system. since ur speakin from experience i'll definitely b payin close attention. hopefully i can get my girls lookin as fit as urs. i hav 2 agree that Dan stands behind his product and has impeccable customer service.
damn bro... i cant wait 4 my girls 2 guzzle 40 gallons a day!!! the only thing i'm curious about is how i can most efficiently use the 11k of lights i have. i placed 1 in between every bucket, but i'm leaning now more towards 5 down the middle and 3 on each side. just wanted wanted ur thoughts because this bucket layout doesnt seem 2 b best 4 vertical. thats y i'm going with the Evo13 next rip. Thanx -Keepz

Top Bottom