11x13-ebb And Flow-sog

• Thread starter Infoproject
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Infoproject

Infoproject

Hey this is my first grow on thcfarmer, my last was about 9 yrs ago white russian in dwc, not new to hydro and still had alot of the gear left over and ive been reading up over the years.

Im currently. Growing tomatoes and peppers in the grow space to try and dial in the room and get back in the routine,and their doing well in promix and dnf base nutes.

So the idea is once the medical licence comes in, start the white widow and clone away, get some mothers in dwc in the closet.

The room is 11x13 and 7.5 ft tall
Thats why i want to go sog due to height restrictions

So Start with one 2x4 ebb and flow table and expand monthly from there if all goes according to plan. Start small ish right haha

Im thinking 6 to 10 plants per table, any thoughts? I heard one per square foot for white widow. But i will hopefully have 4 tables and 4 or 5 600w lights over them.

The licence is only good for 25 plants so i need to stay in that limit maybe veg a week or 2 yaknoww.

Also im wondering what would be best medium for sog in a table.
Coco,hydroton,rockwool cubes/blocks, cocomat. Or maybe just put clones in cubes and put 6ml white/ black poly sheet over and let the roots run free.

im currently Running a 5000btu ac on a timer on hot days and just my inline fan on cooler days for now. With my 600w mh. But i bought a 25000 btu frigidaire with remote.sensor. For when i get the 4 or 5 lights going it was about 1300 after taxes and delivered :)

11x13 ebb and flow sog
11x13 ebb and flow sog 2
11x13 ebb and flow sog 3
11x13 ebb and flow sog 4
11x13 ebb and flow sog 5
11x13 ebb and flow sog 6
11x13 ebb and flow sog 7
11x13 ebb and flow sog 8

Last edited:
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Anyone out there? :)
Hey infoproject... I'm here at least!! Lol..
I'm in the uk. Running 6 x 3 flood and drain tables atm..
I'm toying with the idea of sog.. never done it before so I'm interested to know which route you'll choose with the medium etc...
Mine are in 3" rock wool cubes which sit in clay balls in a pot on the table..
keep posting.. others will follow.. sometimes it takes a while.. :)

Infoproject

Infoproject

Awesome, thanks for tuning in :) i have a 2x4 table and i decided to try 2 gallon smart pots filled with Clay balls. Start the clones in 1 inch rw cubes and transfer to 3 inch. For water retention and stability.

i measured the usable space in the 2x4 table and it measures about 16 inches across. So thats two of the 2 gallon smart pots side by side and 4 lengthways. With a bit of extra room at the end for the flood drain pipes :)

Do you have any pictures of your setup ??

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Awesome, thanks for tuning in :) i have a 2x4 table and i decided to try 2 gallon smart pots filled with Clay balls. Start the clones in 1 inch rw cubes and transfer to 3 inch. For water retention and stability.

i measured the usable space in the 2x4 table and it measures about 16 inches across. So thats two of the 2 gallon smart pots side by side and 4 lengthways. With a bit of extra room at the end for the flood drain pipes :)

Do you have any pictures of your setup ??
Only of the ladies patiently waiting to be introduced.. I'll take a couple later today and post them this eve..

IMG 2557
IMG 2558
Infoproject

Infoproject

:sweating: wow, well youre certainly setup for a nice sog of you wanted to.
My limit is 25 but i want to do mostly sog for the speed but im sure there will be a few dwc side projects

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

The first pic is of a Kronic. I think because of its single stem with all the bud close to the stem it would be perfect for sog?
Couple of pics of one of the tables with S8 and a couple of Kronic. The tank is 140 litres with 2x600 hps and 1 x dimlux 315 in the middle

IMG 2561
IMG 2562
IMG 2564
IMG 2565
Infoproject

Infoproject

Wow that looks great, nice lid for the table did you make or buy? I was thinking of putting black/white plastic sheet over my table once the 2 gal smartpots are in. To stop algae and cover up stray roots from the light.

And. Yeah that strain looks ideal for sog haha, i was thinking white widow for me. The roof is short 7.5 ft so after the res/table/smart pot/ and light. Theres not alot left for big plants.

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Wow that looks great, nice lid for the table did you make or buy? I was thinking of putting black/white plastic sheet over my table once the 2 gal smartpots are in. To stop algae and cover up stray roots from the light.

And. Yeah that strain looks ideal for sog haha, i was thinking white widow for me. The roof is short 7.5 ft so after the res/table/smart pot/ and light. Theres not alot left for big plants.
The lid is made out of 2mm Correx sheet. It's definitely worth doing so the roots can run free otherwise they won't go anywhere..
I've got 1 table with no lid and clay balls all over the bottom instead of spreader mat inbetween the pots.. the temp is slightly lower in the root zone like this but you use around 40% more mix from your reservoir due to evaporation and the roots don't go crazy like the ones under the lid.
I ordered white and got black..
I'm starting a new job soon with the same system and the ceiling height is 6"6 so I can't let them get too big either.. 2 weeks veg after they get potted then flip..

Infoproject

Infoproject

Awesome thanks for the info thats great, im going to go look at my hardware store today for some rigid plastic like that correx, and you know my low ceiling pains lol.

Infoproject

Infoproject

Are they in rw? I cant see from the pic.

If so, is it 2 weeks veg from rooted rw placed into pots or rooted right in hydroton then 2 weeks veg?

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Are they in rw? I cant see from the pic.

If so, is it 2 weeks veg from rooted rw placed into pots or rooted right in hydroton then 2 weeks veg?
Yeah 3" rw.. once all the roots are showing I pot them up in clay pebbles then normally fill the table with 25 pots but I've changed strain this time so went with 15ish a table as she's a bushy lady.. 2 weeks later I've flipped them..
Halfway through flower I've taken the required cuts, got them going in the veg room then pre-flowering them for 2weeks packed in at 50 pots to a table ready to be spread out more across the tables to replace the ones that will be cut down in 2 weeks.. high numbers but you crop every 6 weeks like this..

Infoproject

Infoproject

Sounds great, im limited to 25 plants including clones and mothers so im doing mutiple 2x4 tables for perpetual harvests hopfully 8 per table . Might do mothers or i might take clones off the older plants on the table what do you think?

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Sounds great, im limited to 25 plants including clones and mothers so im doing mutiple 2x4 tables for perpetual harvests hopfully 8 per table . Might do mothers or i might take clones off the older plants on the table what do you think?
I'm no expert so probably good to get other opinions but I'd take the cuts from a mother plant so you aren't taking clones of clones of clones, having said that because you are limited by numbers then one of your 25 will be one you never flower..
So you've got a permit to grow 25. Is that per household or individual?
Can you not get a neighbour to have a mother plant and then just rip your clones from that a bit earlier??

Infoproject

Infoproject

The law is a max of 2 licences per household im aloud 15 plants and my gf is aloud 10 and yes il haveto try and find somone with a licence that isnt using up their total number of plants

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

The law is a max of 2 licences per household im aloud 15 plants and my gf is aloud 10 and yes il haveto try and find somone with a licence that isnt using up their total number of plants
Wow.. if I was allowed to do that I'd have my whole street maxxed out!
I guess the majority of people still demonise it though?!
Did your gf only get 10 because 25 is the house-hold limit or are they being sexist?
Very nice
Thanks man

Infoproject

Infoproject

Wow.. if I was allowed to do that I'd have my whole street maxxed out!
I guess the majority of people still demonise it though?!
Did your gf only get 10 because 25 is the house-hold limit or are they being sexist?

Thanks man

No we both went to the doctor and got prescribed different amounts for our ailments
The doctor was a good guy and no there isnt a limit i know people with 150 plant licences for personal lol

It depends what you need it for and how you take it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom