12/12 from seed in a bubble bucket?

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

i see many people doing 12/12 from seed in dwc systems and looks like they're doing well. just wondering if 12/12 from seed would be a good idea using a bubble bucket as that's how i'm currently growing.

was thinking of doing the bubble buckets again after my current grow. i'm hoping to have a female so i can clone. may try 12/12 with the clones and see how they come out. not sure yet as i wanna maximize the yield. so far i've trained the plant and it's turned into a bush. i even topped one branch just to see how it'd turn out and it came out fine. not too sure yet if i'm going to do it as much when i start the new grow because of spacing issues.

anyway, my main question is, has anyone tried 12/12 from seed using bubble buckets? if so how'd it turn out? thanks for any input.

H

halitzor

I don't see why anyone would go 12/12 from seed in a bubble bucket.

Vegging an indica for a month produces a plant around 3ft tall in dwc. A sativa around 5-6ft or more. (Using LST training)

I guess what I'm saying is if you're growing small plants (no veg), you want smaller containers than 5 gallon buckets or you're just wasting root space on a plant that won't even come close to filling that space.

U

username09

i was jw. i took some cuttings the other nite and i'm hoping they take root within a few days so i can start them up. i may let them veg a week or so until my spacing becomes a problem then i'll switch them to 12/12.

i'm thinking of trying different nutrients this time around. when the time comes for feeding, should i just start off at 1/4 strength with the new nutrients til i see the results? also, what nutes should i try with the buckets? this is my first hydro grow. my previous grow i used fox farms nutes and soil and the results were good. does fox farms make hydro nutes?

U

username09

after reading i've decided to try the flora series nutes. gonna try those out and see what results i can get. i've read about them before and seems like everyone had good results and they were budget friendly so i guess we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom