• Tagged users None
P

peh

Symptoms:
1. vegetative growth coming out of the top of the buds
2. flowers very small and under developed
3. vegging for 16 weeks and being 25% of normal size
4. different strains seem to veg more and flower less
5. within each strain there is still a large variance in the amount of veg/flower

Facts:

1. i've completely changed nutrients--no effect. i am currently using no "boosters" to rule our hormones.

2. installed a lux meter through their 12 hour night and it registered a peak value of less than 1.

3. 600w light covering 3.2x3ft area

Is there any other factor that can affect their flowering other than the light schedule?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you really need to give more info so we can help you mang

what kind of light? how many watts?

you vegged for 16 weeks in a 3x3 area? what strain are you growing

usually my first instict would be light leak - but seems like you checked that

what nutes are you feeding?

pictures are gold

P

peh

ive used GH, advanced, and h&G in separate grows. all with no affect on this problem.

light is 600w on a 3.2 x 3 ft area.

strains are gdp, chronic, blueberry, blue dream, euforia all strains are doing it, some worse.

nft system, with RO water and precise nute levels are followed. room is temp, humidity, and co2 controlled.

is there any other variable that affects flowering other than the light? ie temp etc.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
high temps could stress plants

its not a light leak but they look like they are reverting to veg I would check and double check your timer is set/working properly

so has this been an ongoing problem in your setup?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
you really need to give more info so we can help you mang

you vegged for 16 weeks in a 3x3 area? what strain are you growing

usually my first instict would be light leak - but seems like you checked that

what nutes are you feeding?

pictures are gold
:hi

How long in flower? I don't seem to be able to find that in your posts. But in one of your posts I get the impression that this is a persistent problem, no matter what nutrients you've worked with. That suggests it's an environmental problem of some sort, assuming they're not being fed high nitrogen too far into flower. Which can and absolutely can cause what you describe to happen, of this I can assure you.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
high temps could stress plants

its not a light leak but they look like they are reverting to veg I would check and double check your timer is set/working properly

so has this been an ongoing problem in your setup?

I agree. Sounds like your timer is fudged. Double check to see that it isnt coming on in the middle of your dark cycle

E

Elite Nugs

I agree. Sounds like your timer is fudged. Double check to see that it isnt coming on in the middle of your dark cycle

He said that he put a lux meter in the room during the dark 12 hour cycle and it registered less then 1. So there's no light leaks or messed up timers.

I think Seamaiden up there might have a PHD in Botany or something. She knows her stuff.

P

peh

seamaiden: you are correct this is a persistent problem through many cycles.

i dont think there is an excess of nitrogen, i have had a lab do multiple tissue sample analysis and the nitrogen levels are well within range.

the plants are very healthy other than this issue.

a licensed electrician has checked the entire electrical setup for shorts and faulty timers. there appears to be no problems.

plants are in a several different stages from 1 week to 17 weeks.

odd fun fact: it seems when a new species is introduced the very first batch seems to do ok.

C

Chilewig

Do you ever use a green light to tend to your garden during night hours?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what kind of genetics are you working with?

P

peh

i almost never go into the garden during the plants night.

blue dream, euphoria, chronic, blueberry, gdp,

E

euforia

hmm... I have the same problem...my plants do not stop growing,they are in 6-7 week in flowering...may be because I topping them couple times when they are in flowering already...peh,did you topping yours???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
seamaiden: you are correct this is a persistent problem through many cycles.

i dont think there is an excess of nitrogen, i have had a lab do multiple tissue sample analysis and the nitrogen levels are well within range.

the plants are very healthy other than this issue.

a licensed electrician has checked the entire electrical setup for shorts and faulty timers. there appears to be no problems.

plants are in a several different stages from 1 week to 17 weeks.

odd fun fact: it seems when a new species is introduced the very first batch seems to do ok.
Whoa. Now that's weird. Wanna know what the first thing is that pops into my head? Allelopathy.

J

Jalisco Kid

i almost never go into the garden during the plants night.

blue dream, euphoria, chronic, blueberry, gdp,

What does almost never mean, Though I would expect more herm problems then reveging from light disturbances . I have seen high doses of kelp products do this but I believe that is from the pgr's.
You have plants in flowering for 17 weeks ?

I have grown the bd,blueberry and gdp together and they never attacked each other. I have grown many strains together and have never noticed any chemical warfare going on.

If your plants sleep when you do I would get up every couple hours to see if you do have lights going on.

Curious to see what your problem is. JK

Edit: was wondering if you use N fixing bacteria and have a runaway train down there.

S

Sea Of Green

The pH in the solution is too high. Causing phosphorous deficiency. Try lowering it some. Phosphorous is what signals plants to bloom.
221285d1196864843-soil-vs-hydro-ph-ph13.jpg

E

Elite Nugs

For those that dont know what "Allelopathy" means... like myself, here's the wikipedia definition below. I think Allelopathy is a long shot, but you never know. I think if given a lot more detail on the grow, people can come up with more solutions then just a light leak or PH issues. If phosphors was locked out, he'd definitely see the deficiency in his leaves.

Allelopathy is a biological phenomenon by which an organism produces one or more biochemicals that influence the growth, survival, and reproduction of other organisms. These biochemicals are known as allelochemicals and can have beneficial (positive allelopathy) or detrimental (negative allelopathy) effects on the target organisms. Allelochemicals are a subset of secondary metabolites, which are not required for metabolism (i.e. growth, development and reproduction) of the allelopathic organism. Allelochemicals with negative allelopathic effects are an important part of plant defense against herbivory.

Allelopathy is characteristic of certain plants, algae, bacteria, coral, and fungi. Allelopathic interactions are an important factor in determining species distribution and abundance within plant communities, and are also thought to be important in the success of many invasive plants. For specific examples, see Spotted Knapweed (Centaurea maculosa), Garlic Mustard (Alliaria petiolata), and Nutsedge.

The process by which a plant acquires more of the available resources (such as nutrients, water or light) from the environment without any chemical action on the surrounding plants is called resource competition. This process is not negative allelopathy, although both processes can act together to enhance the survival rate of the plant species.

Allelopathy has not been universally accepted among ecologists, and up to the early part of this century many ecologists argued that the effects of competition could not be distinguished from so called allelopathy. Competition is a negative effect which presents when two or more organisms attempt to directly use the same resource. Allelopathy, on the other hand differs by indirectly affecting other organisms after the input of substances into the environment. In the 1970s, great effort went into distinguishing competitive and allelopathic effects by some researchers, while in the 1990s others argued that the effects were often interdependent and could not readily be distinguished.

Top Bottom