12/12 nirvana NL from seed - too bushy?

• Thread starter Hythloth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hythloth

12/12 From Seed Nirvana Northern Lights (NL) - Too Bushy?

I an a lot of the 12/12 threads i've seen, the plants get tall pretty fast, but all mine seem to be growing extremely bushy, and i'm just curious about why that might be. Right now they have a bunch of preflowers and are just barely starting to smell. I also confirmed that there is not a single light leak in my tent, so that's not it.

I'm growing in 1 gallon pots using Canna coco (ignore the pots at the top of the pic), the full line of Canna nutrients in RO water, with general organics CaMg added in. These are being grown under a Quantum badboy 8 tube T5, with 4 warm and 4 cool tubes.

http://i.invalid.com/9y4Mf.jpg
http://i.invalid.com/2DGwn.jpg

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

a couple of ideas...

Firstly, they are Indicas which are inherently bushy.
Secondly, they are in veg, once you put them under hps light for flower, they will stretch. Just not as much as sativas.

I

ibTheMan

they look perfect, my Norther Lights Blue doesnt stretch much at all, its ah good thing, but with plants like that you really have to veg um under 1000w for 10 days to get some stretch, in like 7 gallon pots (5 min.)

2DogWalker

IB, said it well....

To me they look a little light maybe a little short on Nitrogen, but I might be wrong...

I have built a new Veg room recently with a 400W Dimmable Metal Halide (t5 side lighting), and stretch is much more noticeable in that room, than in my t5 Vegging Cabinet... Love me some good NL's :)

2dog

I

ibTheMan

I top everone one of my plants, almost, indoors my NLB Can Not be top, and unless your stretch alot in flowern i wouldnt top um.

Them arent from seed right?

H

Hythloth

Hey guys, this is a 12/12 from seed grow so they haven't been veged and I won't be topping them.

H

Hythloth

IB, said it well....

To me they look a little light maybe a little short on Nitrogen, but I might be wrong...

They do tend to look a little light because of the warm bulbs in this T5 for some reason. Once the light turns off the leaves look darker.

I

ibTheMan

they wont start really flowern till there at least 6-7 weeks olds, from now on when u pop beans you need to grow um under 24 hours light for at least 50 days.

H

Hythloth

they wont start really flowern till there at least 6-7 weeks olds, from now on when u pop beans you need to grow um under 24 hours light for at least 50 days.

this is a 12/12 from seed grow.. i flowered them from seed on purpose lol. It's a method of growing.

I

ibTheMan

Its ah bad method, not to be ah dick but its kinda like try to teach ah 1 week old baby to read, u can try but its piontless.

H

Hythloth

Its ah bad method, not to be ah dick but its kinda like try to teach ah 1 week old baby to read, u can try but its piontless.

It's actually a great method with the right strain. It sounds like you have not researched it at all.

This is a 12/12 from seed grow with nirvana NL.. finished in 54 days total.
19355IMG_0522-thumb.JPG

I

ibTheMan

looks good, if it works for yah keep up the good work.

convex

convex

12/12 from seed is usually done with prolific stretchers, most often, sativa's.

Your strain is known for bushy growth with minimal stretch,
In this case a veg period would have suited you well.

Cheers

H

Hythloth

12/12 from seed is usually done with prolific stretchers, most often, sativa's.

Your strain is known for bushy growth with minimal stretch,
In this case a veg period would have suited you well.

Cheers

Thanks. I didn't want to veg though... This is a 12/12 from seed grow.. maybe i posted this thread on the wrong forum lol. Nirvana NL is one of the most common varieties people use in 12/12 from seed grows though, since it performs so well using that method in most cases. There are tons of grow logs for 12/12 from seed grows and other strains too.

budboy299

budboy299

Hi Hythloth, I have grown SSH 12/12 from seed before with great results. Tough part can be the widely varying pheno's from seeds.

Yours look fairly consistant though which is good. You did not mention (or I did not see) what your feed strength is. Coco substrate as a rule does not contain any feed, although canna may. But even if it does with an actively growing plant it can get used up rather quickly. Your plants seem to be fairly active in their growth so I would bump your A&B nutes up a touch and see how they react.

Also...12/12 from seed....Did you start with a bloom formula? I ask this because some of the bloom formulas out there have very minimal nitrogen in them. Even when I do a veg cycle before bloom...I still run my veg nutes into the bloom cycle by about a week or so. That way there is sufficient stores of nitrogen within the plants cells to keep it going through the bloom, even with the decreased nitrogen in the bloom formulas.

Plants do look healthy to me...
Oh and the nirvana NL that you posted...I really do think the OP took that plant too early. Still is very white. Any seed 12/12's that I have done or my buddies have done, have usually gone a few weeks longer than the ones that were flowered after a veg period. Biggest advantage to doing it the way you are is to minimize the stretch. SSH with a veg period can be an unruly beast....even from seed I still will have to manipulate it with bending and abusing a bit.
good luck with it man, and go for it! Hope you do well. If nothing else it will give you a basis to compare subsequent runs to. -BB

P

Pablito

It's actually a great method with the right strain. It sounds like you have not researched it at all.

This is a 12/12 from seed grow with nirvana NL.. finished in 54 days total.
19355IMG_0522-thumb.JPG

Yeah, you are right, its a great technic!!
I'm amazed of the answers you got on this thread... Most didn't even bother to read the all thing.. ;)

NL are bushy, at least mine are also and many of them are, because there are differente "original" NL (from #1 to #9 i think) i can't tell you that all are, but most are.
Some even don't have a central cola because they dedicate many auxins to the branchs.

You can remove the bottom branches if the plants turn out to be more high than 30/40cms for optimal light cover.

I see you use coco, its the best for 12/12 from seed, or at least one of the best.. You can use up to 9 plants per square foot in coco in 12/12 from seed/clone, thats the real SOG.
I advise 1L pots. That way you have increased waterings and with increased watering/nutes comes increased yields. No more than 2L if you want more..

Please post the results back.. I grabbed a chair :D

D

del66666

hi mate,12-12 from seed rocks, ive been doing it for a while now and pull 2-3 oz per plant..........these are bubblebombs grown in coco

Wed 007
Wed 006
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I've never heard of 12/12 from seed. Seems pretty cool tho. Definitely has my interest. I'm gonna have to research this method a lil more. Was your whole process done with a 4ft T5? 4 warm, 4 cool? -PDX

L

LBZ Farmer

Would the results be different from 12/12 clone?

I flower my clones as soon as they root when I am testing out new strains but they never get more than about a foot.

But I guess my Auto strains get huge and they Flower right off the bat???

Top Bottom