12/12 To Sex Then Back To Veg..

• Thread starter lemons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lemons

lemons

Flipping over the to flower for sexing, thinning out the herd, then bumping pot size up. I've seen a few cashmere do this and it seems like a great plan when you're on limited space.

With tomatoes, you can pick off the first round of blooms and give them a heavy cal feeding , any nutrient boosts like that gonna be required?

And if plants show pistils quicker than others, can that be interpreted as a faster flowering plant?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I wouldn't recommend revegging seed plants. How old are they? Usually you can sex them by three weeks, trying to sex them any smaller than that you'll probably be spending as much time waiting for them to flower. As you would wait for them to show sex.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Let them veg , then flip to flower. Less stress, better results at finish.
Best of luck.
Peace
Would this option cause an issue if he were planning to only uppot the females? Im only asking cause im curious to know your thoughts on uppotting while sexing seedling plants under 12 12

My immediate thought is uppotting during flower is bad but id like to hear it from an experienced grower

tobh

tobh

Supporter
In theory, this is unnecessary stress to the plant. In application, I've done it many times. Some plants don't mind and others are straight cry babies about it. It does slow things down, extending your veg period and flower period and you do lose some vigor for a good long while.

Will it suffice if you're limited on space? Sure. Personally I've always felt sacrificing six weeks to go through reveg is better than sacrificing a full 3 months to find out you have males. Only done this in tight space constraints though, if you have the room to grow enough plant numbers to not be impacted severely losing a plant then stick with a normal schedule.

lemons

lemons

Yeah I guess I'll just tea feed for all of flower instead of up potting. Ifninhave a girl I'm real fond of ill only harvest the top 2/3rds or so then re veg.

Thanks guys, a lot of stuff I didn't know about the process is being posted.

Top Bottom