12/12 vs 14/14 lighting regiment comparison grow

• Thread starter N1ghtL1ght
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
I know for a fact that there is no increase in THC, nada.
Do you know all strains from the growers who swear by it and checked these? Because as has been said, it could be genetic. You cannot say there is no scientific evidence that it does. Bugbee does not tell the truth about Lydon.
The word was to say he only measured leaf, but he indeed measured floral structure as well.
His data shall be unreliably due to lab distortion, but it shows 2 straight lines (interpreted as linear dependancy). That's no chaotic error behaviour.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

yeah I believe very strongly spectrum impacts this… its the reasons that can be speculative and exactly how it works.

Science changes at one point not long ago far red, infared and UV were all thought to have no photosynthetic impacr but as it turns out they do and more. Also some benefits require 2 or more spectrums to elicit a response. So many of the spectral studies are done isolating a spectrum or without a wide range of testing… results of a test can only be relied upon for the conditions that were used and to blanket statement or interpret the results as the same over parameters outside of that study is…. Well just absurd and assumptive and nothing more.

I also believe there is specific parameters that need to be met.

CBG is a precursor to all cannabinoids afaik. While genetics plays the largest role i believe they can be manipulated to an extent on the conversion of CBG to CBD,THCA, CBN etc. so yes i 100% feel that light spectrum IS ABSOLUTELY impactful in increasing THC.

You can’t simply look at one study or one persons opinion no matter how knowledgable they are. Have yet to see any one legitimate authority not overlook something or change an opinion over their time.

Science changes and that a scientific fact

You know how many laughs i get when i tell people that green is the most photosynthetic spectrum not red and not blue.

i am purposely leaving that as a blanket statement to prove my point that details matter

Last edited:
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
that green is the most photosynthetic spectrum
... in the presence of strong white light, as I recall that study's setting.

When they used green with monochromatics in a blurple spec it usually sucks or is mediocre. It's irritating to me how many studies are in experimental conflict with specifically the green wavelengths.

I belief green needs to be dynamically increased in relation to the target canopy top PPFD. It also fits in then from better subcanopy lighting.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

... in the presence of strong white light, as I recall that study's setting.

When they used green with monochromatics in a blurple spec it usually sucks or is mediocre. It's irritating to me how many studies are in experimental conflict with specifically the green wavelengths.

I belief green needs to be dynamically increased in relation to the target canopy top PPFD. It also fits in then from better subcanopy lighting.
Bingo… and some studies as i know you already know show that green maybe more well suited to veg and early to mid flower while negative in the later stages of flower when there is less photosynthesis going on… due to its impact of possibly reducing the concentration of THCA. Which leads me to assume that another cannabinoid will benefit from that

Jay13.aka.DutchStuff

Jay13.aka.DutchStuff

What exactly are you concerned about n1ght?
It is partly correct, Bugbee has examined white light compared to red/blue, and the amount of THC and CBD was identical in all samples.
Are you now looking for the more precise cannabinoid or terpene profile?
We have already talked about the fact that you can increase the trichome production with a lot of blue similar to UV at the end some weeks ago n1ght.
But a very high blue content was necessary for this, or am I mistaken?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
What exactly are you concerned about n1ght?
It is partly correct, Bugbee has examined white light compared to red/blue, and the amount of THC and CBD was identical in all samples.
Are you now looking for the more precise cannabinoid or terpene profile?
We have already talked about the fact that you can increase the trichome production with a lot of blue similar to UV at the end some weeks ago n1ght.
But a very high blue content was necessary for this, or am I mistaken?
Well it is just a theory on my part now which could explain some common circumstances. But I have never seen a cannabinoid comparison when just various ratios of RB would be used, with weak white light in the background

Jay13.aka.DutchStuff

Jay13.aka.DutchStuff

Well it is just a theory on my part now which could explain some common circumstances. But I have never seen a cannabinoid comparison when just various ratios of RB would be used, with weak white light in the background
You know how well I know Bugbee's videos, and anyway, he talked a lot about that two years ago.
Especially in the area of light, Bugbee goes very into detail and also explains processes in the plant, which I myself have not yet fully understood.
UV was not studied by him, and there we know that he had the study in the interview in any case wrong in his head.

But his statements on everything from 400nm up to FR I would continue to support so far.
PAR/DLI is important for the amount of yield. The spectrum, especially the amount of photons in the blue wavelength range, is important for the growth shape.
But on the two parameters studied, %-THC and %-CBD, the spectrum had no effect at all.

Top Bottom